47 KB2 build

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Re: 47 KB2 build

Yes the windshield tilts open for that fresh air feel, it's hinged at the top.

Also, the one picture with the bear trap on the passenger seat is hilarious

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:06 pm

I think I'll keep the bear trap since I'm too lazy to install an alarm system

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:56 am

I agree with Ibesq on the window crank, dont force it. Once you get under the dash you will find a windshield regulator which is operated by the crank which turns a large screw. I unbolted the regulator screw first using a fair amount of PB blaster then just worked the screw and crank til things moved well. Obviously this depends on how rusted you are. You will see that the regulator moves two jointed arms which push the windshield out from the bottom. Once the screw and crank work you can crank and/or push the window open. The window is hinged at the top with four bolts. Most likely your windshield will need new rubber which is a good days work so you will have to disconnect the regulator from the windshield. The regulator arms are screwed to the windshield with four screws which, depending on rust again will require patience, some profanity and a fair amount of PB blaster. Once thats done it all fits together nicely. Good luck.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:59 pm

Lots of penetrating oil...crank handle is at risk of snapping if you apply too much pressure.
I should add...i have one broken windshield crank handle for sale :t0174:

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

I'd suggest oiling the top hinges too. remove the panels behind the wiper motors and you will see them. don't be surprised if a mouse nest is also there.

I was able to use the existing floor for a AOD conversion. A little heat and a BFH can do a lot.

Keep the spot light. I have a rubber plug where a hole is in a A pillar. I'm assuming this was for the spot light.

Thanks for the pics. Great to see the start of a fun project.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 pm

Hatchw1 wrote:I think I'll keep the bear trap since I'm too lazy to install an alarm system

that is actually a beaver trap. bear traps are much larger. my father has several of each. his father was a trapper.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 am

So really stupid question for everyone.

My father in law pulled the plug on the motor swap and said he doesn't want to get rid of the original engine. So to keep with his wishes we are keeping it.

Now here's the stupid part, I don't like going slow so, would the engine be able to hold up to say a 50 hp shot of N2O, and if so what would be the best way to spray it, drill and tap the intake runners for injectors, or find a carb plate of some kind?

Thank you all for your help
-W

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 am

You might look for some posts on Turbos, One of the members has a turbo on his motor, though I do not remember which motor it was.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 am

Hmmm 50 hp shot of nitrous on a 60 hp motor with three mains. SBC here we come. :)

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:28 am

The quicker I blow the original engine, the quicker I can put an LS or BBC in it.
PreviousNext

Return to The Modified K-KB