ID Pick up box

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:01 pm

ID Pick up box

There is an ID plate on the driver's side of the box by the tailgate. The number looks like TT EE 49926 does anyone know what this means. This is on a 47 KB2. Wondering if this is the original box for this pickup.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 am

Re: ID Pick up box

For a 47 KB-2 there was 5 beds that were available from the factory. IH did put an ID tag on them, but I don't know of any way to decipher them. I do know the beds by sight. Two of the beds were made by IH, a short and a long bed with reinforcement ribs in the sides that ran horizontal. This is my 48 KB-2 with a short bed, you can see the ribs in the side of the bed. The IH beds had a metal floor.
Then there were 3 beds made by Knox, a smooth sided with a wood floor, then a medium duty bed with a type of diamond plate for the sides and a wood floor, then the heavy duty bed that they called their coal and gravel bed that had the diamond plate for the sides and the floor, and the tail gate would have a chute in the middle of it.
This is my 48 KB-2 with the Knox bed with the smooth sides, it is a long bed. You can see the Knox imprint in the tailgate.
This photo is of the medium duty bed with the wood missing. It also has the chute in the tailgate.
Hope this helps you, With a photo of your bed I could ID it.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Ben

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Wildmanbill - could all three Knox Box versions be ordered with or without a chute?

Ben

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:38 pm

IH would pretty much give the customer what ever they needed.
Bill
KB owner since 1972 and still loving it.
Retired Lineman, mechanic, fabricator, retired motorcycle racer.
South Amherst, Ohio

Return to The Modified K-KB