Kb cowl seal

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Kb cowl seal

Hello and happy new years to all. Still workin on the ole KB2 and am putting in the body seals. Need to know which way the cowl vent seal goes in. It is the formed seal and is flat on one side and a seam on the other. Does it glue to the cowl or the vent lid. Yeah I know it seems like a dumb question but there are not manny of these trucks to run out and look at and searching the web always goes to the bow tie guys. It’s been a long time since I have been on here. Life has got in the way and it is time now to move on with the truck.
Thanks for any input that may come forth.
Binderskeepers

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Re: Kb cowl seal

The original cowl vent seals were glued to the cowl. I never liked this situation. It trapped water and this caused rusting. My 1940 Ford was the same situation. I glued one side of the seal and put the glue side up then closed the cowl vent lid on the seal and left it for 48 hours. This way the body contact area can dry easily, when the vent is open.
SIDE NOTE 14
I made my own power cowl vent drive. Not for many persons, but I works for me.
Attachments
BMW headrest COWL VENT POWER DRIVE.jpg
POWER COWL LIFT DRIVE.jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:15 pm

Re: Kb cowl seal

CF75229B-9895-4B8F-9579-C81CEF5A6364.jpeg
9153BF33-1D93-4146-90CD-7BF40706291D.jpeg
Thanks for you help. And cool power vent. I glued it to the cowl and the design is so that water can’t get under it. I had thought of putting a actuator on mine but lacked the room to do it. Thanks again for your reply.
binderskeepers

Return to The Modified K-KB