K Series pickup on Toyota

The "Hot Rod" version of the K and KB truck

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Re: K Series pickup on Toyota

My late friend who fought in WWII wouldn't own a Japanese vehicle if it was given to him.
"Mitsubushi" to him was a Japanese warplane.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:11 pm

windigo69 wrote:
jessemas27 wrote:The convex mirrors are a lot better. I like the peep style for simplicity, looks, and no holes drilled in the sheet metal.

If you want to use peep mirrors on an International the ones I have seen and tried,,you have to notch door as the peep mirror mount is too narrow to fit over lip of door.

You are absolutely right. Just found that out for myself this morning. Looking for a better choice now.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 pm

kjhogue wrote:they are not American owned though, which is my point. I won't own a vehicle not American owned. Mopars are now Italians so have to rule them out.

So I guess you are worried about the executives salarys and stock options, they are the "owners" of most of the stock, rather then the workers who do most of the labor? Where the work is done is of greater importance to me then if the owners of the company. American exec's like to take a much bigger portion of the profits then do most off shore owned companys.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:24 pm

no I care about America and not eroding it with foreign ownership.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:21 pm

I care about America too, but these exec's are the people who are sending the jobs overseas. If I support an American WORKER he (or she) will spend his wages IN AMERICA in shops of other Americans. What make America strong is its workers.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 am

I don't like the jobs going off shore either. It's a complicated situation that evolved over a long period of time involving what workers now get paid and the gov't. passing laws and making agreements with other countries that have delivered us into the current situation. Execs have been forced to send mfg. off shore to be able to make merchandise affordable for the American worker to buy (if he is still working). Tax laws and free loaders have contributed to that too. Whether we like it or not, the global economy has come to fruition and American jobs are the big losers. The whole system needs to be over-hauled to get jobs back on-shore. Being the most prosperous nation, in some respects, we have priced ourselves out of work. We need to insure American ownership keeps America working.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Re: K Series pickup on Toyota'

Times change and most people dont want to pay the price of union made labels/good .. I noticed when I drove truck in the US there were a hell of a lot of prisons. And friggin' huge. This is the new economic driver. 1 in 86 adults in the state of Louisiana is in prison. That is 7 times the incarceration rate of china. Privately owned prisons are big business as well you have powerful guards unions. There are many folks, employees and investor alike who depend on keeping people incarcerated. Consider that what is legal in colorado will get you 15 years in some other states.. Seems ludicrous locking someone up for decades for stealing a car ,, be cheaper just to have the state give 'em a car, not a cure...Just my observations

JMHO

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:26 pm

WEW51L110 wrote:I don't like the jobs going off shore either. It's a complicated situation that evolved over a long period of time involving what workers now get paid and the gov't. passing laws and making agreements with other countries that have delivered us into the current situation. Execs have been forced to send mfg. off shore to be able to make merchandise affordable for the American worker to buy (if he is still working). Tax laws and free loaders have contributed to that too. Whether we like it or not, the global economy has come to fruition and American jobs are the big losers. The whole system needs to be over-hauled to get jobs back on-shore. Being the most prosperous nation, in some respects, we have priced ourselves out of work. We need to insure American ownership keeps America working.

I would dis agree somewhat. If you look at US executive compensation as it relates to the wages of the people they employ, in this country, we have the largest, by far disparity of any country. Too often, workers wages are sited as the reason to go off shore, but no one asks why exec's compansation is so high? Anyone can get a 25% return on a stock for a short while by gutting the company, but for long term health there need to be less taken off at the top.
At the turn of the last century (1890-1920's) the big industrialest were looking to biuld an empire that would outlast them and their kids, and in doing so provided meaningful work for many (not always in good conditions or wages) for the forseeable future, today 5 years is a long time.
The boards that control these companys sit in "rareifide air" where they are all thinking "I don't want to rein in these costs (and my own compansation) as I want the same as these guys are getting. Ownership of a company implys responsibilty to that company, above what you get. If you are makeing the company profitable, then you should get a portion of that profit, but too often today, bonus's are paid even if the company is put in worse shape. Gutting a company can make it profitable for short term, but kills it long term.
I guess I'm **** tired of hearing that workers wages are the problem from people pulling 7-8 or more figure income out of the same company.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:53 pm

Companies use any excuse to move off shore. Lifesaver moved cause they said sugar prices to high. Only $.08 in a roll at the time. Anymore I buy on what I can get for the best price to quality or better put best bang for dollar. Some OEM replacement parts are now stamped made in China or parts made in USA that are not much better but have a 2 or 3 time higher price tag. Not much better to support Government Motors. But my feelings are I much rather support Made in USA.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:46 pm

kjhogue wrote:can't go there. I have a bias against Asian vehicles. I stay with American owned. can't do European either. just my opinion, philosophy and belief.

I'm on the same bus with ya there. I'd much rather support American companies. The BEST way to boost our economy is to buy AMERICAN Made products. Why not keep our US Dollars right here in the USA???
Cash Disposal Units include; '49 International KBS-7, '46 Willys CJ2A Farm Jeep, '39 Buick sedan, '37 Allis Chalmers WC (other rusty old junk comes & goes without warning).

The two most useful tools you should own are a Crystal Ball and a Magic Wand.
Previous

Return to The Modified K-KB