Rare Scout find?

An "All Scout" forum for those addicts out there.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:07 am

Rare Scout find?

Looking for information.. I have ran across a unique Scout and I was hoping to find out some information. I was told by the owner that it was a 1 of 5 made for the Johnson outboard company or Omc. It has very unique stripes and even has the Johnson seahorse symbol on the side. I have searched all over the internet and found no information. Did International do this stuff and could this be a rare find? Any information about this is much appreciated.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 am

Re: Rare Scout find?

I built and drove an R120 with an IH 6.9 Diesel and 4X4. I often said that the R120 was a one off concept truck built by IHC to show what was possible. Anyone can apply decals and have a story. My story was BS, and I was never challenged on the BS. It is harmless false provenance.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Re: Rare Scout find?

IH would paint your truck(s) any color you wanted for an extra fee if you supplied a paint sample.
This was common for tucking fleets, etc. especially in the Medium and Large truck lines.
It was also available in the IH Light Line vehicles: Scouts, Pickups, Travelalls, Travelettes, Wagonmasters & Cab & Chassis.
So, yes, the story could be true.
As to being "rare", then yes it is rare. But that does not directly indicate that the Scout has any more value than any other Scout of the same vintage, options and condition.

With today's technology, a new decal can be recreated for a relatively small fee if needed for restoration.

Can you post a photo of the Scout in question as the IH Scout platform had numerous stripe schemes as options over the years.
My Junk --> 1975 IH Model 200HD, 1 ton 4x4 truck, 392, 4 speed, etc.
My cave location --> Western North Carolina

Return to Scout