100's of Scouts to be crushed

An "All Scout" forum for those addicts out there.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:30 pm

100's of Scouts to be crushed

hi,
Just thought I'd pass on this post from another forum. It's copied and pasted below. With my pending challenges, I don't have time to follow up, but perhaps someone here might be interested.
Good luck.
Steve

Quote:
Circle S Welding in Fairmont, WV has Hundreds of Scouts. They used to rebuild them until the Father died 2 years ago. The sons are Talking about destroying 150 of them. several Model 80's, 800's (2 tuxedos) and some 800a's and over 100 scout IIs, several rt hand drive Mail scouts. one Turbo Diesel Auto and one Manual (None of the Midas or Terras, AFAK) several trucks (one 1500); as well as several 1000 sq feet of parts filling several small houses and large sheds. They have several show room new fiberglass body rebuild and OEM Steel scouts, they are selling. (one Terra with EFI) (They are selling those for Market or collector Value.)
I bought 6 before they rolled onto the crusher trucks.
Dennis Shaffer, The son in charge, told me that if he could get money for them, he wouldn't destroy them. We have until late April - early May.
BTW they gave me a Slant 4.
Will

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Re: 100's of Scouts to be crushed

Did you also post this on Binder planet? and perhaps the other areas that are more into Scouts? I am going to copy it to a friend back that direction, he is into scouts and knows a bunch of folks also. Seems they could get much more money selling them than for "crush" value, Scrap is down to around $50 a ton here in Idaho.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:01 pm

lbesq wrote:Did you also post this on Binder planet? and perhaps the other areas that are more into Scouts? I am going to copy it to a friend back that direction, he is into scouts and knows a bunch of folks also. Seems they could get much more money selling them than for "crush" value, Scrap is down to around $50 a ton here in Idaho.

no, I only put it here and on ihpartsamerica. If I had the time, I'd follow through and post it everywhere and possibly buy something, but I've got more pressing challenges at the moment.
Please, everyone spread the word around. The more saved the more will be around in years to come for the next generation to learn on and enjoy.
Steve

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Posted this on a Facebook page and this reply has come back from one of the owners.

Doug Shaffer I am part owner in Circle S welding. This post was put on sites without our knowledge. Yes we are liquidating some of our trucks and scouts but we are not getting rid of everything. We still have customer scouts that we still keep on the road along with our own. If anyone is interested in some of the vehicles we are getting rid of they can contact Dennis at 304-363-5071
Thanks Doug Shaffer
6 hrs · Like

Doug Shaffer When the weather breaks I will be posting pictures of the ones we will be selling.
6 hrs · Like
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:11 am

Thank you for that Trevor. Always good to have the correct info.

Return to Scout