Loadstar 4WD Spring Hangers?

The workhorse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 am

Loadstar 4WD Spring Hangers?

Hi,
In converting my '69 Loadstar 1700 to 4wd, it uses a different spring hanger than the conventional 2wd front axle spring hangers. The difference is the spring attaches to the side of the frame with a 4wd, not under the frame. Does anyone here have a Loadstar 4wd they could take a couple pictures of the front axle spring hangers for me, please? Or perhaps a parts manual page they can post? According to Navistar the front and rear spring hangers of the front 4wd suspension are the same - but I don't think that is correct because the front hangers also have a tab for attaching the front bumper.
Could someone please help clarify for me the hangers I'm looking for?
Thank you.
Steve

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Re: Loadstar 4WD Spring Hangers?

I Googled, International Loadstar 4X4 front spring hangers and got a bunch of pictures.
https://www.anythingtruck.com/category/ ... dstar.html
I hope this helps.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks.
But actually that picture is for a 2WD front axle suspension. I spoke to that company already and they don't have any pictures (or suspension parts) for a 4WD front suspension. In that picture the spring hangers are under the frame but in a 4WD Loadstar the spring hangers are on the side of the frame.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 pm

I have 3 Loadstar 4x4s in my yard currently. PM me your email address and I will take some pictures of the front spring hangers. My 78 1700 has the front fenders off currently so I can get some good ones.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 pm

You should be able to "highlight" his name and it will give you the option to email him through the forum if you want.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:07 pm

lbesq wrote:You should be able to "highlight" his name and it will give you the option to email him through the forum if you want.

Thanks.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:50 am

shortbus4x4 wrote:I have 3 Loadstar 4x4s in my yard currently. PM me your email address and I will take some pictures of the front spring hangers. My 78 1700 has the front fenders off currently so I can get some good ones.

Thank you, Sir, thank you, thank you.
I sent you my email address. Hope you got it ok?
I've got such contradictory information from IH Navistar parts departments I don't know what to believe are the correct spring hangers.
To further complicate the situation, the front axle is actually from a 1980's S-Series IH truck I'm putting into a '69 Loadstar. If anyone has a 1980's S-Series truck, pictures of your spring hangers would also be appreciated.
Steve

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 am

I just noticed I do not have my current email address in my account here. I also can't enter my password to change my email address because I don't remember what it is. My computer remembers my password to log into the forum, but it doesn't remember my password to log into my account. How do I change my email address here?
Thanks.
Steve

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 pm

handled and sent you a response though PM.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:36 am

lbesq wrote:handled and sent you a response though PM.

Lloyd

Thank you, Sir.
Next

Return to Loadstar