Do all Loadstar Dump Truck have Air Assist Brakes

The workhorse

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Do all Loadstar Dump Truck have Air Assist Brakes

I have written a few time in recent months regarding problems I have with my Loadstar 1700 transmission (T496). While I am attempting to find an adequate solution. (ie find a replacement transmission that has a PTO) I have been looking at other similar year Loadstars where I might be able to pull the transmission to put on my dump truck.

A question I have is do all Loadstar dump trucks have air assist brakes like mine. I am not necessarily talking about stake bed trucks that have a lift to dump but one with a full metal bed that holds about 6 yards. I have just assumed that this model of dump truck required the air assist as opposed to standard brakes.

If they did use standard brakes well maybe I can consider finding a working stake bed type of dump truck and transfer my 6 yard box on to it. Although most might say it will be easier to just fine a replacement transmission that has a PTO.

Any thoughts?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 pm

Re: Do all Loadstar Dump Truck have Air Assist Brakes

Air assist is really uncommon. If in fact that is what you have. I have seen tandem drive Loadstar's with juice brakes and vacuum assist, along with vacuum shift powerdivider lock. They had a GVW 44,000 with juice brakes! Not for me, thankyou.
I have worked on air braked Loadstar chassis, but it had true air brakes, not air over hyd.

Return to Loadstar