Schoolmaster in a Cocoon

The workhorse

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Re: Schoolmaster in a Cocoon

@cornbinder89 how do I tell which type I have on this bus? otherwise the brakes work very well.
Proud owner of a lovely Loadstar 1700 and a derelict 1603 parts bus

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:52 pm

Im trying to get my brake lights working and noticed that one of the wires leading to the switch at the pedal was cut very short away from the switch. I took a jack wire and tested it but didnt get the result I was looking for. Are these switched easy to come by? Can I use a brake light pedal switch from other models and will they work?

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:13 pm

some good and bad news to mention on this thread as the true previous owner of the bus is now deceased and since the bus sat in the barn of Pat Gronlund of GREENGROVE 'nursery' who sneaks his way through life ripping people off, like he did to me when he failed to provide the certification.
"Certification? Whats that?' I know some people in Alberta (I love Alberta no disrespect to smart people there) are dumb but to go to this extreme to feign ignorance is B movie Hollywood qualify performance at best. Coupled with a craigslist American fraudster who cant take no for an answer when it comes to moving derelict cars into peoples way, ignoring bylaw complaints, leasing someones backyard as an rv pad in the middle of a city made the first part of this journey almost fail before it got going.
Being somewhat resourceful I found a lovely nursery and towed the bus there.
I have since acquired a 1974 Loadstar 1700, living in the comfortably in the 1603 with the bus destined for a new world class location (that is truly spectacular) with no fraudsters or craigslist weirdo cons to be seen.
Single ambition at this point; to PART OUT my derelict bus that shouldve been done by the fraud PAT GRONLUND of GREENGROVE TREE FARMS and build up my lovely new 1700 with 17k miles on it, air brakes and good rubber. All it needs is a steering box and Im wondering if the steering box from my 1600 will do the trick. if not Im looking for a steering box for a 1700

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:43 am

What changed? You left the impression that you have the perfect bus and now it is a POS.
I can not find an obituary for the person you name and speak very badly about.
Greenland Tree Farms have the highest good business rating with the Better Business Bureau.
I have to wonder how displeased the person and the business might be if they became aware of what you posted. A Google search of the business name will show this post.
You may have put yourself in a position of slander and you may be liable for some damage to reputation.
Maybe this forum should consider removing this thread and the person who posted it.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:54 am

I should hasten to mention, the offer to drop by for a visit is withdrawn.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Will state this, The BBB page is an automatically generated page, it comes with a standard A+ rating, any Business gets the same thing. There is NO information on this Business except what would be listed in a standard business license application. BBB page states this: "This business is not BBB accredited". I have reviewed listings for this company and there is only stock listings that are generated by the different "companies" that list these things. I went three pages deep into Google.
I will let this post stand.
Thank you for your concern.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:59 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:What changed? You left the impression that you have the perfect bus and now it is a POS.
I can not find an obituary for the person you name and speak very badly about.
Greenland Tree Farms have the highest good business rating with the Better Business Bureau.
I have to wonder how displeased the person and the business might be if they became aware of what you posted. A Google search of the business name will show this post.
You may have put yourself in a position of slander and you may be liable for some damage to reputation.
Maybe this forum should consider removing this thread and the person who posted it.

its only slander if he can prove Im wrong. And Im not.
Its buyer beware in this world and mr treefarm had no legal right to sell a vehicle that cannot be legally registered or sold for that matter. the vehicle did not turn up as stolen when I inquired but no other information about the previous owner was offerded. the registered owner who passed the vehicle to a thrid party who then asked greengrove boy to store it. the woman then supposedly vanished and the owner moved to the east coast. I was told after the fact that the original owner whom I call the 'owner' had passed on, a man who Gronlund states he never even met. So he did this ladyfriend a favour by storing it on his farm, so it sat in his barn from '89 til now (maybe) and it sure looked like a good deal to me.
For a man who is BBB certified he should know the legalities of buying and selling fleet as he depends on his vehicles and has about 40 of them, so the idea that he was in any way innocent by not knowing what selling a vehicle to someone requires legally to register and insure is poppycock sir.
He was deliberately misleading and engaged me in a process of deception.
Also, the BBB hasnt meant anything since nortel was a good buy anyhow and a webpage doesnt absolve him of his deciept and the negative repercussions they directly incurred and the damages therein.
and thx for taking back the offer for nabob. any sympathiser of that lout is no friend my mine nikkinutshop

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:11 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I should hasten to mention, the offer to drop by for a visit is withdrawn.

haste is good.
Gronlund did offer to take the vehicle back provided I deliver it. as the vehicle cannot be driven it would have to be shipped back to him at a cost similar to what I paid for the bus. I asked him to consider a discount on the price and he said nothing.
you should get all the pieces befoer you start interpreting the law mr coffee

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:15 pm

retsofh wrote:
nikkinutshop wrote:I should hasten to mention, the offer to drop by for a visit is withdrawn.

haste is good.
Gronlund did offer to take the vehicle back provided I deliver it. as the vehicle cannot be driven it would have to be shipped back to him at a cost similar to what I paid for the bus, not to mention the costly repairs required to make her roadworthy. I asked him to consider a discount on the price and he said nothing.
you should get all the pieces before you start interpreting the law mr coffee. I guess this is the 25 percent fail standard that you are so proud of rearing its ugly head? :t3716:

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:33 pm

lbesq wrote:Will state this, The BBB page is an automatically generated page, it comes with a standard A+ rating, any Business gets the same thing. There is NO information on this Business except what would be listed in a standard business license application. BBB page states this: "This business is not BBB accredited". I have reviewed listings for this company and there is only stock listings that are generated by the different "companies" that list these things. I went three pages deep into Google.
I will let this post stand.
Thank you for your concern.

Unfortunately the thread now is a rant and I applaud the admin for letting it stand as this type of fraudulent behaviour should be exposed for what it is. For the complainant to take exception to the tone of my post is unfortunate and maybe he should seriously reconsider how he believes the internet actually works.
PreviousNext

Return to Loadstar