'65 Loadstar Restoration

The workhorse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Re: '65 Loadstar Restoration

The ammeter is wired between the battery feed to the truck electrical system, in most cases this is the heavy 6,8,or 10 gauge wire that attaches to the starter solenoid battery feed stud, and feeds the rest of the trucks electrical requirements. So the battery current runs from the battery thru the ammeter, then on to all the loads (excludeing the starter motor). If there are multiple 6,8,or 10 gauge wires on the solenoid then all must be removed and attached to the ammeter and one from the other ammeter terminal run to the solenoid.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:41 am

Re: '65 Loadstar Restoration

Finally got a little time to work on the gauges and other odds and ends. Got the indicator lights wired up using old bulb housings. Played Frankenstein with the gauges and mixed and matched bezels, glass, housings, and needles between my old gauges and the "new" set I ordered. I think they turned out pretty good.
Before:

After:

Also got the heater box installed, but ran out of hose clamps before I could install the coolant lines. My goal is 100% complete (if that is even an option) by the July 4th Parade this year.
Previous

Return to Loadstar