1939-1941 Metro

The Greatest Van Ever Made!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: 1939-1941 Metro

I would love to have a METRO, but my war department is not so approving. BTW, from the being "in the doghouse" point of view, is a METRO big enough to sleep in? My wife says that my desire to have a METRO is because I have not evolved too much past the cave dweller stage.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Funny thing is my wife thinks I just climbed out of the trees before we met :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: She also knows I would love a Metro
Vehicles;
1953 R130
3 X 1952-'54 Austin A40 Somsersets

Rookie
Rookie

Location: Silicon Valley, CA (where fruits USED to grow everywhere...)

Post Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

nikkinutshop wrote:I would love to have a METRO, but my war department is not so approving. BTW, from the being "in the doghouse" point of view, is a METRO big enough to sleep in? My wife says that my desire to have a METRO is because I have not evolved too much past the cave dweller stage.

Just depends on how big of a bed you're trying to fit. A twin mattress, no problem. It will fit nicely between the wheel wells in the rear with room left over to easily tuck the sheets under it. A queen size might be a little tough. I'd recommend going with an inflatable mattress and then letting it contort itself around the wheel wells... :D

How does the saying go... "if this van's a rockin', don't come knockin'" or in the case of the Metro, "if this vans a rockin'.... the suspension is broken"... :jester:

Chris
Proud owner and someday operator of:
(2) '52 LM-122 (3/4 ton) Metro vans
'57 SM-122 Metro van
'61 AMC-164 Metro C.O.E. truck

Return to Metro