It's been a while 2020 Update

The Greatest Van Ever Made!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:44 pm

It's been a while 2020 Update

Hello folks,
Has it been a ghost town here. I know I have been busy with live and other things going on in this world of ours. Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I have not done much sad to say with my Metro. She still runs and starts up like a champ. The hubby cleaned and replaced the brake pads, spring kit and wheel cylinders in the front only. I purchased a nice expensive brake flaring kit. We bent a few lines .... where are they.. hanging in the garage. We need spring kits for the back and I believe the hubby could not find pads for the back so we make keep the hardware and get them re-padded if that makes sense. Winter is upon us and well still not brake lines. A lil sad but oh well. Work, family and life gets in the way ha... you have to go with the flow. At this point I wish I could just pay someone to come and rebuild the brake and be done with it. Even that would be a chore to find...probably. Let me see if I can upload any pics. Nikki sent me an email asking how things were going so I took time out to jump on here to make a post. :)
Attachments
IMG_8009.jpg
Metro Seat.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_8751.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 pm

Re: It's been a while 2020 Update

Exciting stuff. Approximately where do you live? I am in the Vancouver, BC area.

Not a big deal, but, the brake linings are called shoes. Pads are for disc brakes. Now you know and the NAPA guy will not give your that funny look.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Do not remember is your drums 5 bolt or 6 bolt? There is a place that can reline your drums if 6 bolt and he does shoes also. If 5 bolt, drums and shoes should be available.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Hi Nikki,
I should know these things ha... I mean I did change my brake pads on my 01 vette... still a rookie and forget to use the proper terminology... If I think first and then type I usually can get it right. LOL... I am Colorado.

Mr. Admin :) I have 5 bolts on my drum... thanks for the info. always good to have that extra source.

Lisa

Return to Metro