Feb. 2016

Been to a show lately? Post your pics and comments here

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Re: Feb. 2016

WEW,
Thanks for sharing the pics. That gray cabover was at Red Power Roundup this year. It was only there the first day I was there and I didn't have my camera with me that day. The back of the cab was extended with body parts from the rear of a Travelall. The body is sitting on a International 4700, I think, ambulance chassis. It has a DT466 engine. The owner said the biggest challenge was not fitting everything under the cab, but rather getting enough airflow through the radiator and engine compartment. He added a second radiator under the bed with an electric fan.

The 1468 tractors were built with the DV550 engine.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks Guys. With the shortage of shows in the northland at this time of year, I'm happy to inject a batch of show pics.

The L150 COE looked white to me. It was parked in the shade, but it looked white. That cab sure looked extended a lot and, Dean, as you said, with Travelall parts. That cab is huge by L standards. I've seen modern trucks with cabs as big or bigger, though. I get to see a lot of semis pulling loads out of the plant and some of the rigs on the road are just mind-boggling.

Hopefully Dan, you'll get your chance to come back next year and the venue is a great place for others to come as well. Quite an awesome place, especially the first time you see it. Think winter/spring vacation in Florida!
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm

I think that truck was just in primer in June, he's probably got it painted by now.

I drove by Paquette's a year ago in January, on the way from Orlando to my daughter's house in the Atlanta area. Unfortunately, it was on a Sunday and they were closed.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.
Previous

Return to Shows/Meets