Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club

Been to a show lately? Post your pics and comments here

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:23 am

Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club

Fl. Flywheelers has 374 acres of rural Central Florida property to have some of the largest gatherings of old tractors, hit-and-miss engines, steam powered artifacts, anything old and mechanical, a gigantic swap meet, etc. I know northeast US and the Midwest and upper plains states have large gatherings, too, but I’ve never been to any of them so my comparison may be inaccurate. Anyway, Fl. Flywheelers has basically three events each year: November, January and February. The dates for these events are found on their website. The January event was this past weekend and it was well attended. Everywhere you looked was old tractors of almost every brand, both popular and obscure. There were hundreds, maybe more than a thousand hit-and-miss engines, again of all brands. There was tractor pulling on the clay tack and earth movers in the dirt piles. If you have a camper or RV there is a place for them. The January event has a car cruise in and show (my truck took the “People’s Choice” trophy). The Feb. show will highlight a particular brand of tractor. So if you’re looking to escape cold weather and have an interest in old mechanical things, you can walk your legs off looking at all there is to see at a Florida Flywheelers event. And if you’ve walked you legs off and didn’t see it all, there are golf carts to rent or you can bring your 4-wheeler to ride around. 374 acres is a lot of territory to cover! I’m attaching pics of one of the most unusual tractors I saw as an example of what’s to be found.
Attachments
B5D3AEC7-3AAB-4B6E-BD91-173F203A982A.jpeg
AA787C43-950D-458F-8775-B90F14457B5E.jpeg
FE9B1C2A-25D6-4EEB-9DB6-3272B4E26683.jpeg
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:53 pm

Re: Florida Flywheelers Antique Engine Club

Good to hear from you, Bill. I hope you are well. Congrats on your IH winning PC.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 am

Thanks Nikki. Yes, I’m fine and (hope I don’t jinx anything) have been COVID free. In fact, I haven’t had a cold or flu since I can’t remember when. (Must be that full glass of OJ every day.) Glad you’re doing better or, at least, I hope that’s the case. Good to know your son recovered from his knee injury.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:55 pm

WEW51L110 wrote:Fl. Flywheelers has 374 acres of rural Central Florida property to have some of the largest gatherings of old tractors, hit-and-miss engines, steam powered artifacts, anything old and mechanical, a gigantic swap meet, etc. I know northeast US and the Midwest and upper plains states have large gatherings, too, but I’ve never been to any of them so my comparison may be inaccurate. Anyway, Fl. Flywheelers has basically three events each year: November, January and February. The dates for these events are found on their website. The January event was this past weekend and it was well attended. Everywhere you looked was old tractors of almost every brand, both popular and obscure. There were hundreds, maybe more than a thousand hit-and-miss engines, again of all brands. There was tractor pulling on the clay tack and earth movers in the dirt piles. If you have a camper or RV there is a place for them. The January event has a car cruise in and show (my truck took the “People’s Choice” trophy). The Feb. show will highlight a particular brand of tractor. So if you’re looking to escape cold weather and have an interest in old mechanical things, you can walk your legs off looking at all there is to see at a Florida Flywheelers event. And if you’ve walked you legs off and didn’t see it all, there are golf carts to rent or you can bring your 4-wheeler to ride around. 374 acres is a lot of territory to cover! I’m attaching pics of one of the most unusual tractors I saw as an example of what’s to be found.

Congrats on Peoples Choice Trophy. I have read a lot about the show there on some tractor forums I frequent. Sounds like something to see but may not ever happen for me being opposite sides of the US.
For those that may not know, the 8-16 on the tractor you posted stands for horse power. 8hp to the wheels and 16hp to the belt pulley.
How about posting a pic of the prize winning truck?
Dennis

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:54 am

Well, since you twisted my arm.
Attachments
EC52C08C-099D-4EC1-9038-50D86673D3C6.jpeg
Taken at Vintage Trucks of Florida show
922403FF-8BC2-41B2-945D-811005C80879.jpeg
Taken at another show
398C6DDF-44FE-42C8-AF71-201DAB0DFD16.jpeg
Taken while on display at Gatornationals

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Very nice. I can see why the crowd liked it. Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like a great show.
enjoy Dennis

Return to Shows/Meets