IHC Farmall Museum

Collectors of literature, signs, refrigerators or other IHC items

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:19 am

IHC Farmall Museum

I have just discovered there is a gem in the neighborhood. One of those "right in my backyard" kind of discoveries. Searching for car shows in the Central Florida area, I came across a lead to a show sponsored by the Vintage Trucks of Florida chapter of the Antique Trucks Club of America (ATCA) in association with Paquette's 7th annual Historical Farmall Tractor Show. (It's about an hour away from me.) I had no idea there was anyone in Florida so entrenched in Internationals as this place seems to be. I called to see if my truck was welcome to participate in the show and had a great chat with the gentleman on the line. Paquette's Historical Farmall Museum is situated on the fifty acre Buffalo Nickel Ranch, complete with a building patterned on the IHC dealerships of the '40's & '50's stocked with IHC items. There is a tractor barn with a vast collection of IH vintage tractors and equipment. They are in to trucks too. I will know more about this place after I've attended the show.
If anyone is interested, go through the links to the museum from the Vintage Trucks of Florida website:
http://www.vintagetrucksfl.org/home.aspx
Click on the link to the National organization to see over 1,100 photos of mostly large trucks, but some of the smaller trucks are spread throughout including some IHC's.
Click on the "Flyer" link to see photos of some of the big trucks and a photo of the dealership building. Maybe this could be a destination besides going to the "Mouse House", SeaWorld, Universal, Legoland, beaches, etc. when you're vacationing in this part of the world.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 am

Re: IHC Farmall Museum

A follow-up after attending the show. I posted photos on the L, R, and S Forum under the title: Antique Truck Club of America. I had a good time at this show and would recommend it to anyone interested in Internationals (trucks and tractors). It is a four day show, but I was there only on Saturday. That seemed to be the busiest day in talking to some of the ATCA members running the truck show portion. The truck show is held together with a larger tractor show, however this is the first year for the trucks and the seventh for the tractors.
The truck show was not put on by the national ATCA, but by the Florida chapter of ATCA, and there was no judging or trophies distributed. As this show grows, and I believe it will as word spreads, it is going to be even better. The timing is right and the location couldn't have been better.
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Return to IHC Ania