IH model 200 chest freezer

Collectors of literature, signs, refrigerators or other IHC items

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 pm

IH model 200 chest freezer

Hey guys,

I've got a sharp chest freezer, a model 200, that is taking up space. It was given to me - if one of you guys would like it, I'll let you have it. Located just west of Wichita, KS. I don't know if it works, but it's been sitting in the showroom of an old IH dealership that went out of business years and years ago - the family had been using the dealership for storage. New owner of the building gave me the freezer. Send me an email to heybeez@gmail.com; and I'll send you pictures. First one to get here gets it.

Let me know,

Brent

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Re: IH model 200 chest freezer

It is TOO bad you are so far away!

Hopefully someone close will pick it up from you.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:38 am

Make sure you have 4 strong men to load it! I have one and it is a heavy bear to move around. MM

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:18 am

I "have" a refrigerator. Ok,....to be more accurate, I have the dibs on it when it needs to go from my friends place. At this time, I like the arrangement, and he's cool with that too. They are very heavy, and I'd imagine the freezers are heavier.
I'm real glad you advertised it on here! that way someone near you can pick up some very nice memorabilia. Manny

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:27 am

I hauled one of those IH fridges in the back of the B110 40 years ago. Can't remember how heavy it was. Might have to load it up again one of these days just to refresh my memory. :D

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks for the input guys - I've had a few inquiries, and I'm glad that a binder person will get it. I got the loading thing covered - skid steer with pallet forks!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:03 am

Perfect! When I got mine, it was in a basement with a bend in the stairway. Didn't know it was so heavy and there were only 3 of us. Had to take the lid and hinges off to get out the door. Now I have it and it runs but doesn't cool. Should I just refill the freon or have it converted to the new freon and pump? MM

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 am

MM! after all that effort, I'd get a pro to seal/pressure it with whatever he recommends. Maybe the new stuff is ok and more "green". JMO. Manny

Return to IHC Ania