K1 rear axle - Central Florida

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sat May 05, 2018 5:50 pm

K1 rear axle - Central Florida

1941 K-1 Rear Axle with low mileage drums and brakes. Attached custom made e-brake cables are also relatively new. I recently removed this rear axle to update my K1 with a modern Ford rear axle. Suspension shop said the pinion bearing may need replacement sometime, it was working fine when rear axle was removed from vehicle. The rear axle is in Inverness, Florida, about 1 1/2 hrs North of Tampa near the Gulf coast. Make me an offer. You will need to pick up or arrange shipping.
Attachments
IMG_4498 Small Web view.jpg
Drum brake
IMG_4497 Small Web view.jpg
K1 rear axle
Original rear axle Medium Web view.jpg
K1 rear axle prior to removal

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat May 05, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: K1 rear axle - Central Florida

41Woodie, Hopefully someone will need this and you can make a deal. IF however, there comes a time that it does not go away as a whole, consider the smaller parts that someone could use before it would go to scrap. Whole is always best, and that is my hope for you. The suggestion is just that, If that time comes.

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Sun May 27, 2018 12:53 pm

So far 102 OldIHC members have looked at my posting for the K1 rear axle (also have the old front and rear springs). Hopefully one of you knows someone who has a need for it. It is getting to the point I need to get it out of the suspension shop where it is being stored inside. I really don't have storage space now and less space when I plan to move next year. If I don't have an offer soon I may need to reluctantly remove and save the drums and brakes, possibly the pumpkin. The rest may go to scrap. Sad, but may be my only alternative. I have heard that Fastenal may ship heavy items store to store if you have one nearby.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Mon May 28, 2018 1:04 pm

I know this is real late to ask about the axle do you still have it .please let me know or where I might find one thanks

Pile of Parts
Pile of Parts

Post Mon May 28, 2018 1:55 pm

The rear axle is still available at the shop where it is stored. My axle is located in North central Florida. I have put some money into new brakes, drums, and e-brake cable on my original axle, so would like to get some $$ to recoup a little of the cost. The axle worked fine before removal. Can't guarantee that a 77 yr old axle will remain operational. I just needed to upgrade to a modern axle to keep up with traffic as they drive like NASCAR down here in Florida. Shipping of the axle or pickup would be responsibility of buyer. I may be able to secure it to a palette for shipping. If you are closer to Iowa, I saw some KB model pickups and heavier trucks at a 4x4 shop near Pella, Iowa. See board forum on IH salvage yards. Thanks for the inquiry.

Return to Diamonds in the Rough