Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am

1972 Travelall

1952 L-112 Long Bed

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Re: 1972 Travelall

Wow, not to bad for a 72. It definitely needs those window areas rebuilt. All in All a nice vehicle, and I like Yellow! If only I had the money.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:23 pm

lbesq wrote:Wow, not to bad for a 72. It definitely needs those window areas rebuilt. All in All a nice vehicle, and I like Yellow! If only I had the money.

As an experienced IH guy, would you say this is a decent purchase for someone just getting into this addiction? Are parts reasonably easy to find at descent prices? Any advice for a first time Travelall buyer? I really want to pull the trigger on this one, my main reservation is shipping it from California to Louisiana.

*this is my first post on the oldIHC, but I’ve spent way too many hours reading many different topics! This site is such an amazing resource!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:14 am

Parts are out there, are they easy, probably not. It is in Oregon. It is a really great buy at that price. As for shipping, if it runs, that makes it much easier. That is a long way to ship, Probably figure at least .80 per mile? I took a rig to Ohio and it used every bit of the $1200 that the guy gave me for fuel. For me to run a 2200 mile one way, I would charge $1.25 a mile one way that would just about cover fuel, and nothing for food or lodging. Always better to look for a one way transport.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:12 am

so here would be my question then - If I can get the truck for $2k and transportation for $1100-1200, putting me all in at $3200, do you think this is a reasonable purchase?

I'm not sure of what other sites to check besides ePay to get a travelall and I don't see many transactions in the completed items. I know they aren't common, so that is making it difficult for me to determine a good price point for these vehicles. Are there other sites you recommend checking out for listing with travelalls and travelettes? I'm kind of interested in both of those styles/vehicles.

Again, thanks for any advice provided

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm

If this one runs as well as he says, and IF you can handle the rust out spots, $3200-$3500 Would be a good price. The one I was talking about in Oregon is not as nice but is a whole lot cheaper :https://eastoregon.craigslist.org/cto/d/1966-international-travel-all/6468163496.html
The one in California, is mostly done, as far as I can see. A lot depends on what you want and what you are willing to pay. Here is another site, in case you had not looked. https://classics.autotrader.com/classic ... l-for-sale
Here is a facebook page for like minded IH folks with things for sale:https://www.facebook.com/groups/classsicihc/

Return to Diamonds in the Rough