R and L series cabs - PA

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:31 pm

R and L series cabs - PA

https://harrisburg.craigslist.org/pts/d ... 03165.html

I met this guy yesterday to buy the fenders from that listing. Nice older fella with a lot of old stuff in the woods behind his place.

The cab is pretty heavily pitted plus some rot, would be good for a rat but definitely not a show truck. He had a green L series cab also that the fenders came from that seemed to be in better shape but I didn't look at it real close. Also had an R and an L hood, but the R was pitted badly like the cab.

I asked if he had any grills, he did not. I didn't see a bed for either truck, but I forgot to specifically ask about it.

He doesn't have a cell phone, so have to leave a message. I got lucky and he happened to be standing next to the phone when I called.
-Joe
'54 R112

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:20 am

Re: R and L series cabs - PA

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I took a ride this past Sunday and picked up the cab in the picture. It was a nice 10 hour round trip for me but worth it. You don't see parts on our side of the country come up too often.
The other cab he has available has more rot on the bottom, it's been sitting directly on the ground for who knows how long. This one in the picture is in a lot better shape, minimal rust, especially compared to my original one. It's at least been sitting on a frame as opposed to the ground.
thanks again, Mike
1952 L-112 Long Bed

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Re: R and L series cabs - PA

Glad to hear someone snagged it. Guess it looked worse in the dark than it actually was :t3716:
-Joe
'54 R112

Return to Diamonds in the Rough