pretty clean 67

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

pretty clean 67

these usually don't blow my skirt up, but this is pretty nice looking 67

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto ... 87571.html
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: pretty clean 67

Nice!
Quote from ad "- Rare power steering and brakes (not an option until 1968, first owner had both installed at dealer)"
Since power steering and power brakes were optional in '56, I would think they'd be optional in '67.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:15 pm

maybe different in Canada,,,,or most likely he doesn't know IHC well and someone told him that,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:32 pm

I talked to the seller this morning. He was told about the PS and PB by a Scout parts seller. It was not uncommon for our local IHC dealer in Alberta to install PS and PB on a basic truck to make a sale rather than wait for a factory order. Other dealer installs were outside sun-visor, right inside sun-visor, radio,mirrors and a variety of optional heaters. western
IHC was very popular with the farmers in Western Canada. My Dad was a farmer and he would order the least optioned pickup. I remember Dad having the dealer remove the PS and replace the original strong-arm steering, that was 1968.
Our neighbour, Bill, bought a new GM pickup in about 1953. This Jimmy had an automatic, PS, PB and Radio. Bill had an after-market 4X4 installed by the dealer because most of his work was on bad dirt roads or no road. The name Coleman comes to mind????? I was 8 and this was the first automatic I had ever seen and I got to drive it.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Sometimes I think people add the word "rare" in hopes of adding more $$$$ to the asking Price!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:36 am

I would agree with rare and $$$. Hemmings had an article about the use of rare on things that really are not, just a bit old, and means to gouge. original is another term that is used to charge more $$$.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am

don't forget "barn find" I see barn find all the time on a car that has been restored or repainted in the last year or so,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Nikki, Coleman conversions are easy to spot, they have domed hubs on the front. I know Coleman's are common on slightly heavier trucks, I don't know what the did on the lighter end of things. Napco was a common 4x4 conversion on pick-up sized conversions.
Found this on JOT from Mr. Trout
As an additional after-thought, International Harvester (IH) used large numbers of special-order Coleman FDAs on their heavy truck and Farmall tractor assembly lines, and while IH assigned their own IH front drive axle model numbers (such as the FA-140) on their catalog pages and such, they were all "most likely" Coleman "Model-9" FDAs, and even if slightly modified for IH use, they may have used many of the same internal components, such as the wheel bearings.  While IH preferred to use a "cake pan" style hub-protector on their trucks, internally, the hub components were perhaps virtually the same.  Conversely, IH Farmall tractors tended to instead use the standard "Coleman" heavy dome hub protectors.  You might want to try IH distributors, or distributors of historic IH parts, to see if you can match the needed specs for wheel bearings and such
So.. I might have been wrong.
Last edited by cornbinder89 on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree BRJ. I have seen more of the Barn Finds in the past few years. If you see the three words, Rare Factory Option. You can add more $$$ to the price. Krxxglxst is full of these words!

Return to Diamonds in the Rough