OK, this made me go: huh?

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

OK, this made me go: huh?

probably should list this in diamonds in the rough, but I've NEVER seen a listing like this before,

I think I'll pass,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190798794576&item=190798794576&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

xxl

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: OK, this made me go: huh?

:D What could possibly go wrong???

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 pm

I will move this over to the Diamonds. Here is the Web address of the Auction house: http://www.villiardauction.com/
I would love to be there, That would be a fantastic vehicle.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

I do see the Travelall listed, but I don't know about the terms. Sounds too fishy to me.
Vehicles;
1953 R130
3 X 1952-'54 Austin A40 Somsersets

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 pm

All it seems that this fellow is offering, is to go to the Auction and be your Proxy, and then Store it for you, for a short time. My advice, would be to talk to the Auction first. then perhaps talk personally to the person who is "advertising" on e-bay a service. I would see if the auction would bid for you and store for a short time.
Just my thoughts.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:36 pm

Cool looking unit, why can't I just bid on it & x this guy out the whole situation. Like said, seems fishy. If its a 52, thats even better. Too bad no picture of the grill.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 am

That is my Point, you should be able to have the Auction House proxy bid for you if you can not be there in person. They would need Verifiable funds to bid. You would need to work with them on how long you would have to get the vehicle moved. The Best method, short of being there.

The fellow on ebay, who knows what his relationship is to the item, but it seems he is offering to be a proxy bidder and move/store the vehicle for at least one month, before starting to charge at least $100 dollars per month more for "outside" storage, after the first month. Oh and by the Way, you would also need to "put" into his Paypal acct. the amount of money you would be willing to spend to purchase the vehicle.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:28 am

That listing makes ABSOLUTLY no sense. :? Sounds like your bidding on who will be giving the most money away for a chance of maybe nothing. :?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:45 am

So, if you want to buy this vehicle, which I do,,,then normaly you get an absentee bid form from the auction house, Easy, figure out shipping easy,

what this guy is offering is to bid for you, WHY? do I need you to do that? then move and store it for me, OK. that seems reasonable,

the part that isn't reasonable, is to send him the total amount I'm willing to bid on this vehicle for him to ?????? with,

has 0 feedback on eBay,

problem with paypal, is even though you can contest when/if he doesn't even go to the auction, or buys himself something else, is you can fill a complaint, but if you sent him the money and he transferred it to a checking account which there is now no money in, you got squat. they can't get you your money back if it isn't there, all he has to do is withdraw it from the bank, close the account,

could be legit, probably isn't, the funny thing that made me post this, is if you are going to pull a "buyer representation" scam like this, why not do it for a big ticket item instead of a 52 cornbinder?

best I'd guess he's gonna get someone to pony up would be a few thousand, better chance of hitting it big with a 63 Corvette, or something.

I'd love to have an L travelall to go with my 3 other ones, but not enough to give a stranger some partying money :roll:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 am

by the way, if you blow up the picture, it looks like an R series hood ornament, so probably is a 53 or 54,

they did make a few L series travelalls, but a lot more R & S ones, relatively, still a rare unit.
Next

Return to Diamonds in the Rough