Craigslist Vancouver BC

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 am

Craigslist Vancouver BC

Bring up Craigslist, Vancouver, British Columbia and enter International Harvester. There are several interesting IHC offered for sale.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Re: Craigslist Vancouver BC

lots of nice stuff,

too bad exchange rate is on par now, we used to go up when it was 65 cent to the dollar,

make a 56 S-120 at $15,000 not as expensive,

I'd buy that $10,000 C. travelall if it was $6,500.00 U.S. like the good ol days
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:32 pm

I have contacted the seller and made an offer. My son and I are going to leave here early, on Tuesday morning for the 4.5 hour drive to Sicamouse, BC so that we can have a good look at this Travelall. My son is thinking that a Travelall might fit his needs better than a1952 L swb pickup. Depending on which way this "thing" goes, something will be for sale.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Wish I was going along. Sounds like fun.
Nothing better than men going into the unknown to look at old trucks.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:45 pm

We will stop to visit with MAGIHC Mike in Merritt on the way home. I hope that the weather holds for us. It is getting late enough in the year for Highway 5, The infamous Coquihalla Highway through Hell to get some snow. This section of highway is often a rude wakening for city folk who drive on all season tires. ASR are not considered to be a snow tire here and there are fines if one gets caught with them when the white stuff hits the road.
I'm thinking that this T-All was shown on the previous OLDIHC FORUM. A member was asking questions about valuation and what to look for. This might have been three years ago, +/-.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:10 pm

going into the unknown

Well, sort of. Sicamouse is little more than a widening of Highway One just past Salmon Arm. The area is called the Shuswap. I have driven through this area a hundred times or more, always on my way to somewhere else. I did stop there for Diesel fuel, two years ago, because of the super low price. While I really like that area, I could never move there. TOO MANY relatives in that 'hood.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:40 pm

that travelall is really nice, if it was a S series I probably would've talked myself into it by now, the price really isn't that bad considering everything done to it,

my wife sez I can only have 3 travelalls at a time in the driveway, so I guess I'm at the limit now. sometime they can be so unreasonable
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 pm

So Brian do you need a shoe swap after stepping into something the sick moose left? Heehee?
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:21 pm

There is another BC community called PASKAPOO. It would be just too easy to hang some funnies on that one. Here are a few more from north of the border:
Alice Arm, Baldy Heights, Beaverdeli,( don't touch that one), Blubber Bay, Spuzzum, Squamish, Stoner, TA TA Creek, Woodfiber, Yahk, Osoyoos, Pouce Coupe, Yellowhead and Ymir. Another community is called Gang Ranch. At one time it was the largest cattle ranch in the world and it was owned by a local family who also owned a bunch of very successful department stores in Alberta and BC. I worked for them while I was in school.
The Canadian community with the longest name is Cape Saint George-PetitJardin-Grand Jardin-De-Grau-Marches Point-Loretto
Canada's Longest Place Name is either L'Annonciation de la Bienheureuse Vierge Marie de Nazareth (which is a geographical area in Quebec and when translated from French to English is: The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Nazareth)
Pekwachnamaykoskwaskwaypinwanik (which is a lake in Manitoba and Nunavut).

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:50 pm

My Grandfather, on Dad's side liked to screw up some of these names and often added some body function to the new name. My Grandmother was a simple person with severe and crippling religious convictions, She would get into one of her religious rages, which is all the old guy wanted. Paskapoo and Beaverdeli were two of his favorites.
In about 1961, My grandparents were driving from Medicine Hat to Calgary to visit with us. Grandpa drove a 1957 VW so he was in close contact with Grandma who always carried her well worn Bible. Just outside of Medicine Hat, near a small industrial city called Red Cliff, Grandpa stopped to pick up a hitch hiker who was holding up a sign that read "CALGARY SVP" Well, in Alberta, in those days, no one liked or trusted the Quebec French. Grandma went into the back seat of the VW and pulled the VW wheel wrench out from under the seat and told Frenchie, " One false move and you are going to the promised land." Grandpa said that the hitch hiker sat their like a statue and did not move while Grandma took out her Bible and preached to him for the next four hours. Grandpa said that the poor guy accepted the Lord not less than ten times, because he was terrified. Grandma was a big and strong woman of Germanic origin. She could shoe a horse and butcher a steer or dig a new hole for the out-door toilet.
Dad told the story of his being late for supper because he was plowing in the next section of land. His mother had set his supper out on the table and at some point the cat had entered the kitchen through an open window and had started to eat Dad's supper. Grandma grabbed the cat by the tail and hind legs and in one round-house swing, dispatched all nine lives as the cat made contact with the stove top then continued the swing sending the cat out of the open window where it came to rest in the burning barrel, 30 feet from the house.
Next

Return to Diamonds in the Rough