Craigslist Vancouver BC

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Re: Craigslist Vancouver BC

the Travelall is in Canada and I am in Texas.... I got the impression that this T'all came from Waco, Texas originally. So this may be a full circle of the continent.
My son and I drove to Sicamouse to look at the T'all. We came home with our $10K and obviously left the T'all for you. Based on the amount of money the seller has into this truck, you got a really good deal. It is apparently sound mechanically and seemed to run OK. We did not drive it, there was no point, for us.
We have moved onto another T'all and we are waiting for the seller to make up his mind about price. In the worst case scenario, we have a nice rust free L110 to use on the off-chance this next body and frame only, T'all doesn't work out for us. I really don't want any running gear because it is our intention to put a Cummins 4bta and 4X4 into the next truck.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for sharing your info....I have been "tunnel vision" looking for a suburban....and I am not sure I had even seen a Travelall from this era...I guess they are kinda rare....but anyway it has a great classic look to it.... I may need to truck it down to Texas...any leads on truckers would be appreciated.... Best of luck on your project.....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm sure that the T'all runs well enough to get you out of Canada and it might be better to hire a truck in USA. The engine was not making any strange noise, so it you don't flog the dickens out of it, I'm thinking that it might get you home. You will know what you are dealing with in the 100+ kilometers to the border.
It was not the right truck for us, at that price because we want to change the running gear to Cummins.
I hope to see you on the forum in the future.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:55 pm

CUMMINS 4bta and transmission on CRAIGSLIST
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/p ... 34141.html
While this unit is on CRAIGSLIST north of the border, it is in fact in Point Roberts in Washington State. I think that the asking price is reasonable for a running engine complete with the accessories. The asking price is about the same as having an original engine rebuilt. This is a great way to step up your game and put an AMERICAN ICON into another AMERICAN ICON. It weighs the just about the same as a 220SD. You get double the horsepower and triple the torque plus your fuel economy will be around 25mpg with improved drivability. These engines are easy to cool and it is quite likely that the original IH radiator will be adequate, unless the rad is near the end of it's service life.
http://youtu.be/eOpJWOPkWLk
This is our Cummins that will go into my son's L110. http://youtu.be/_U5M6eIQpZk
Previous

Return to Diamonds in the Rough