1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:33 pm

Re: 57 IH truck

Yup,it's your name all over it Matt. :lol:

I like this guy..."Will NOT sell to a scrapper. Internationals deserve to be on the road."
Just don't care for the rat rod thing! :roll:
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 pm

He also says he: Will take cash discounts.
You know you want it Matt! For someone who will promise him that it will be driving on the road, he might even "treat" a fellow IH lover better.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:27 am

good deal, I have a good 240 for you to put in it, hint hint,
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:24 pm

go for it! ask if the wheel chocks are part of the deal though. they are must haves.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey now, you guys are not supposed to encourage bad eerr good habits......um wait.....Anyhow, you're not supposed to make me bring more home! HA HA HA He says he's waiting for the title from DMV. I've not gone to see it yet... Not running is NOT scary for these trucks, been there done that! It seems a little high priced but I guess I should drive up and check it out.
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:26 pm

Just make sure on the title issue, and then see if he will come down for another "Binder" person. We know you will put it together right. Here is the link again: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/3958384275.html

HEHEHE

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:31 pm

So I went to the address, an auto shop........ I was told that Ray had gone home for the day but I was welcome to check it out. When they saw me checking every inch, they called Ray who gladly came back to work. Friendliest guy you ever wanted to meet. Must have talked to him for 2 hours about trucks, charlotte, etc etc... The truck has the usual rust, floors by the front cab corners, a little in the rear cab corners (seems repairable), the seam between the front of the bed and the bed floor is gone. The original tailgate is there and looks repairable!! The missing headlight ring is in the cab. Frame is good, with surface rust. SD220 under the hood, complete and turns over. I think the coil is shot though. 3 speed on the column, the linkage is disconnected at the column....not sure why or which link bolts back to which lever. The rear fenders have seen lots of bondo, but are fairly solid. As for the title.... He bought as a project from an old guy (original owner) and never did worry with the title, figured he'd get it someday. The old man died a couple years ago! He has tracked down contact info and is trying to see if any of the old man's relatives may have the title in any paperwork left behind... VIN plate is in tact, but without the paper title in NC to get the original title# off of it becomes a much harder process! ****! now what
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 pm

If Title is still in the system, perhaps family can get a duplicate, someone surely had a Power of Attorney. Dup can then be sign by same Power of Attorney. Hope they find the Original, Then have someone sign it, NO DATE, NO Price, Or if it has to have a date, then not to long before the fellow passed, Priced for a "at that time" Project price. Just bypass the current owner, if you can for Title work. Now what I have just put down is not the "correct" way, but generally works. Most states only want to know it is not stolen and they get their pound of flesh in the deal.
MY 1/5 of a Dimes worth of words

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:28 am

no title in the state of king rickie can be a major hassle.
Next

Return to Diamonds in the Rough