R 150

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:09 pm

R 150

I don't often see the 150 series in IH trucks and even less often see an IH school bus. But here it is right nearby. On FB marketplace for $1000. Not running since 1979.
Attachments
R150 bus.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Re: R 150

Our school bus at that time was a FORD. The driver was a local farmer who always drove. "hammer down" One day the bus was one stop away from our farm when the bus driven by Old AP lost control and hung the front wheels off the road over a 30 foot deep wash-out. I was 8. I ran home and got Dad's John Deere 70 and a chain. I was able to pull the bus back on the road. The local newspaper came to our farm to talk to me and take a picture or two. I hid in the barn loft behind some bales until the "rush" was over. The picture-less news item said, "Elementary school farm boy saves a school-bus with his Dad's John Deere." Kids learned to drive and help early back in the day. 40
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:59 pm

Re: R 150

nikkinutshop wrote:Our school bus at that time was a FORD. The driver was a local farmer who always drove. "hammer down"

Thats pretty good for 8 years old. Our driver had a 59 Ford bus. Very good and careful driver but with the roads in those days it was not uncommon to get stuck in snow or mud. The usual practice was for some of the bigger kids to get out and shovel and push to get the bus moving again. I doubt that would be allowed nowadays. Had a lot more freedom when we grew up.

Return to Diamonds in the Rough