Craigslist Vancouver BC

Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Re: Craigslist Vancouver BC

Pretty decent 36 C. This line I just,just... "what a cool truck to hot rod or rat rod"
NO,NO,NO and NO!
Do that crap to basket cases,ferd's and stinkin bowties!

That's my opinion an' I's stickin' to it.
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:01 pm

36 C Huh? 36 C sounds like medium duty to me. Now if we are talking about 38 F or 36 H well now we are getting into heavy haulin'. We were talking about Victoria Secret, weren't we? well, I was and I'm stickin" to it!!
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Artificial intelligence is no match for real stupidity....

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

the yellow Travelall guy got his $10,000.00 selling it on ePay, now That would buy a lot of secrets :whistling2:
Gentle Men! you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:23 pm

Which is why I would never buy a vehicle on E-bay, unless I had already looked it over(or didn't care what condition I might find it in).
Hope whoever bought it is happy with it, I am sure that if parts are needed, we could help them find the parts needed.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Ya know I didn't realize what I wrote and how it could be misconstrued til last night!
I'll just leave it at that. :whistling2:
12 yrs.exp. in IH dealer parts dept.
Never argue with a fool...
If you don't have anything nice to say...say nothing.
If you don't learn something new everyday...you weren't paying attention.
THINK! Be sure brain is connected before mouth is in gear.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:11 pm

That happens to me alot. ;-}». I can say, truthfully, that I encourage and culture it. He said, tittering to himself.
I was curious and watching the last minutes of the ebay auction for the yellow T'ALL. It stayed around $6500 for some time and in the last few seconds it spooled up to the reserve. Maybe I'm just an old cynic but the older I get the less believe what I think I saw. Maybe I'm just more cautious because I have less time to recover, if something fails to work out for me.
We are still on the hunt for another T'ALL. We still have a nice swb L110 pickup if the T'ALL change of plans does not work out. I'm waiting for a call back on a Travelall in pieces. Perfect!!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:44 pm

So the one in pieces is at the top of the list now? I always come home missing something really necessary, though.
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 pm

My son and I had a good talk about "The Binder for him". We agree that a T'all would be better for his needs right now and for some time into the future. We both agree that it is difficult to beat a really nice pickup. I am more inclined toward the pickup because we have lots of spare sheetmetal for the P'up and nothing for a T'all back of the doors. It all depends on what the seller thinks that he wants for his T'all. I do not want to drag home a T'all that needs all. We are looking at a T'all that is in pieces and the original IH running gear is long gone. If the body is good, this could be the perfect project vehicle for us. My son has options so there is not panic, here. Which ever model we end up using, it will be Cummins 4bta powered with an automatic and 4X4 on DANA AXLES with SPICER driveline components.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:04 am

I hate killing conspiracy theories ....but I am the one who purchased the herein described Travelall...I bid in the last seconds an amount I was willing to pay....and fortunately ....it was enough....a week before I had gone up to the Lambrecht auction in Nebraska...to buy and old suburban....didn't get that done...so the last day I bought a 1954 IH snb pickup with 28,000 miles on it...it had been taken in trade on a new truck in 1964...and "taken to the farm" and parked as Lambrecht would not sell used cars....never...ever thought about buying a IH anything...but the look....documented story....and patina (rust)....hooked me....my search for a old suburban continued....till I stumbled onto the Travelall on ebay.....it was a 1/3 of the cost of a similar suburban....and I like as close to original as possible...so the rest is the beginning of the story....the Travelall is in Canada and I am in Texas....but it is indoors and there is no hurry to ship it....may be a good spring roadtrip....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:48 am

Tony, very Cool. If you are happy with it and the Pickup you bought, we are ready and able to give what assistance we can. Lots of Knowledge here. Lots of passion about IH and Lots of different opinions on what to do and not do. Look forward to pictures of the Pickup. Welcome to the group.

Lloyd
PreviousNext

Return to Diamonds in the Rough