Truck finds of all conditions OLD ADDS WILL BE REMOVED

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:42 pm

This 1300 series is listed as "scrap" at the auction but appears to be a mostly complete truck.
https://bodnarus.liveauctiongroup.com/International-grain-truck-1300-wooden-box-hoist-scrap_i45647281
Attachments
1300 at auction.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:10 pm

Re: 1300

Ralph Goff wrote:This 1300 series is listed as "scrap" at the auction but appears to be a mostly complete truck.
https://bodnarus.liveauctiongroup.com/International-grain-truck-1300-wooden-box-hoist-scrap_i45647281

It sold for $275.00 I would have payed that amount for that truck. Thank you for posting.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 pm

I used to buy , sell and part out 1951-1953 pickups. Over a few years, I handled 14 of them and I have two left and a bunch of good sheetmetal.
Back in that time I was driving an R120 with a 4X4 and Diesel conversion. More than a few times, I had persons walk up and ask if I wanted have another. The pricing was from free to a few hundred dollars. Towing was always more money.
Very suddenly and without warning, we were hit with the Covis19 pandemic. After about a year , the IHC pricing on CL jumped up to stupid asking prices.
I am too old to care very much, now. I have few regrets, except for my R120. Giving this R to a trusted friend give me much regret, almost daily.
I have met many persons looking for bits and pieces. About 50% of there people were jerks. I gave away about half of the parts for a promise from the buyer to give what he thought it was worth to a local charity.
I gave my R120 away. I wish I had kept it and made the necessary repairs and upgrades. I bought a 2002 RAM 2500 Diesel with a Cummins. I can say, truthfully, The Cummins drivetrain has preformed perfectly. This RAM has attracted the rust worm. I can truthfully report the repairs and maintenance on the RAM have totaled more half of what it cost me to build the R120, in 1990.
The last important task my R120 did was to bring home a Cummins 24/5.9 to replace the 6.9 V8 in this R.
Life has been a little unkind and forced me to carefully consider my options. I was twice described a circling the drain.
While I am getting better, slowly, it has been a year of which 6 weeks was in rehab. I was forced to consider my options.
Attachments
R120 6.9.jpg
R120 IHC Cummins.jpg
R120 in 1991 (2).jpg
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:54 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I used to buy , sell and part out 1951-1953 pickups. Over a few years, I handled 14 of them and I have two left and a bunch of good sheetmetal.
Back in that time I was driving an R120 with a 4X4 and Diesel conversion. More than a few times, I had persons walk up and ask if I wanted have another. The pricing was from free to a few hundred dollars. Towing was always more money.
Very suddenly and without warning, we were hit with the Covis19 pandemic. After about a year , the IHC pricing on CL jumped up to stupid asking prices.
I am too old to care very much, now. I have few regrets, except for my R120. Giving this R to a trusted friend give me much regret, almost daily.
I have met many persons looking for bits and pieces. About 50% of there people were jerks. I gave away about half of the parts for a promise from the buyer to give what he thought it was worth to a local charity.
I gave my R120 away. I wish I had kept it and made the necessary repairs and upgrades. I bought a 2002 RAM 2500 Diesel with a Cummins. I can say, truthfully, The Cummins drivetrain has preformed perfectly. This RAM has attracted the rust worm. I can truthfully report the repairs and maintenance on the RAM have totaled more half of what it cost me to build the R120, in 1990.
The last important task my R120 did was to bring home a Cummins 24/5.9 to replace the 6.9 V8 in this R.
Life has been a little unkind and forced me to carefully consider my options. I was twice described a circling the drain.
While I am getting better, slowly, it has been a year of which 6 weeks was in rehab. I was forced to consider my options.

Growing up in Southern Calif I never knew anything about IH trucks. Chevy was the big thing and I restored several Chevy trucks - a 49 panel, 50, 51 and 57 pickups, and a 57 Chevy 1-ton long wheelbase panel truck. I traveled the country and a little bit of Canada in my panel trucks. But its the '57 panel truck I regretted selling. I converted it to 4wd - Dana 70 in the front, 205 tc, 50 gallon underfloor gas tank, etc. After the Northridge earthquake hit, I sold it for several thousand to try and save my house and apartment building. But I lost them both along with my businesses and panel truck. I saw it one time, in an ad some years later and they were asking $50k for it. I drove it from Los Angeles to Michigan a few times, up through Canada and back down the West coast. Not to mention all the times I took it off-road camping. It never had a break-down except once it had a flat tire.

My first IH was about 8 years ago - a '62 Travelette 4x4. Everyone I knew or associated with hated it. They could not understand why I didn't buy a Toyota or some similar vehicle instead. But I loved it and was hooked on IH trucks. There was nothing in it beyond my ability to repair or rebuild. And I knew if I went through it the way I did my previous trucks it would look good and be dependable enough to drive cross-country and go wilderness camping again. But I had to sell it to finance my move up north.

I have a big F350 crew cab 4x4 I traded some things for. But I don't know Fords, and its big 460 v8 drinks more gas than any IH v8. And it sits so high it was always difficult for me to get in and out of. And now that I blew out my knee, I can't get into it at all. So I'm looking for another smaller IH 4x4 truck, or Travelall, but not necessarily a Travelette.

Once I finish my Loadstar I'll just sell the Ford F350. I'll be very happy with a 60's 4x4 IH as a daily driver and my Loadstar for wilderness camping.
I don't know what got me into this rambling, but thank you for posting this 1300. Now I know I will need to jump faster the next time one comes up for sale.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 pm

When I was having trouble getting up and into my 2500 Ram 4X4, my wife bought a folding stool for me. It worked.
Old age is difficult.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Return to Diamonds in the Rough