Donations Needed Please

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Donations Needed Please

Thanks for bringing the Oldihc back to us all!!
One of my favorite sites for sure!
1953 R-120
4 spd, Long bed 220 ci

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:09 pm

As John Said in the Message from Admins section, There will be some stuff happening in the near future to bring our software more up to date and safer for all of us.

Thanks to all who donate.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 am

What is the process to send donations for this year? Please advise.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:59 pm

I have sent Pay Pal donations in years gone by. Back then this forum was all about the IHC trucks. In 2022, this forum has become a place for armchair politicians to dump their poison. It is time to get back to the original reason for this forum. Until then, no more donations from me.
If you really give a shyte about this forum, Mister Jim Hadfield, get off your butt and get Lloyd back as a moderator. Lloyd needs a better laptop to do this job.
I have contributed hundreds of posts on automotive related subjects in a effort to try and keep this forum alive. Where were you JH?
I think you must be collecting enough revenue from the parts store advertisements to support this rather basic forum. A good example of a forum supporting itself and making money is Garage Journal.
I do not remember there being an answer to what happened to Mats Truck. Was this a scam to raise money off members good will?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:50 am

I am very sorry for the abrasive reply that has occurred from my post on donations.

I would like to continue to support this forum and will do so once I get the donation process from those who are working on the site. I really appreciate all the hard work that is put into this forum, there is no way that you could ever be repaid for all your valuable free time to keep this up. The resources are priceless to anyone needing the information to maintain or rebuild their project vehicles.

Again, greatly appreciated.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:24 am

nikkinutshop wrote:I have sent Pay Pal donations in years gone by. Back then this forum was all about the IHC trucks. In 2022, this forum has become a place for armchair politicians to dump their poison. It is time to get back to the original reason for this forum. Until then, no more donations from me.
If you really give a shyte about this forum, Mister Jim Hadfield, get off your butt and get Lloyd back as a moderator. Lloyd needs a better laptop to do this job.
I have contributed hundreds of posts on automotive related subjects in a effort to try and keep this forum alive. Where were you JH?
I think you must be collecting enough revenue from the parts store advertisements to support this rather basic forum. A good example of a forum supporting itself and making money is Garage Journal.
I do not remember there being an answer to what happened to Mats Truck. Was this a scam to raise money off members good will?

Brian,
I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. 1st Jim has retired and bequeathed the site to others.
2nd The downturn has nothing to do with content being posted. Traffic is down on all the sites I visit save one. ATHS, JOT Saab Central, and A/C forums all have tanked in terms of how may postings over the last year and a half or more. I attribute this to people having spent the last 2 years alone with only their computer screen are now finding other things to do.
I know personally, I have not worked on my K's in the last two years as other things have taken precedent. That is not to say that things will not "get back to normal eventually, they will.
The only site I visit that hasn't declined in posting is the SmokStak, which has the loosest rules on posting of them all. Not to say I'd like to see that here, but rather that I don't think that is the problem.
I agree the "politics on the board" thread has run its course, no longer a exchange of viewpoints but a echo chamber of one. I would lock it if I had the ability, I do not.
I think what the world has lived through in the last coupla years means people aren't out poking through the weeds, discovering new trucks or discovering the hobby. Further more I know of a few in the hobby who have succumbed to Covid, they will be missed and not just for what they posted.
The past two years has left no one unchanged, many will come back when their lives return to somewhat "normal".
The A/C forum I help moderate is all but dead, months go by without a new post. JOT used to be very active, now there are days with no new posts. The ATHS is all but dead, mostly taken over by Spammes, The Saab Central used to have a very active C900 section that now can go weeks with out a new post.
It isn't what IS being written that has cause the collapse, but what isn't. People are doing other things right now. I see no evidence that content is causing the downturn, if it were it would be only on that one site, and not across many widely varying sites.
I have no doubt that people will still collect, restore and show old trucks, and forums like this will still be relevant.
Brighad, Nikki comments were not about you or what you wrote, You have nothing to apologies for in my opinion

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:11 pm

brighad My reply has nothing to do with anything you posted. You doing just fine.
I had been sending yearly PayPal donations to a Jim Hadfield. If this is not where the money should go, I would like to have a different destination.
I have had considerable enjoyment from this forum and I certainly do not mind paying for "my ride".
I have been a member of Garage Journal for years. This forum is experiencing heavy traffic and it appears to be growing. The membership is over a million persons. The moderators of GJ and Ryan the owner of the forum do not tolerate politics and religion on the Garage Journal forum. Occasionally someone will try and sneak in some politics and in minutes the post has been deleted and often the person is banned. The ban can be permanent.
I have to agree with the negative affect covid19 has had on many of us. In my situation, I seem to have more time to be on forums and lately I have been avoiding OLD IHC. At this moment, GJ has 1,432 persons on the forum. (members: 228, guests: 1,204)
Give Garage Journal a try, sometime. Of course there are some things and persons who irritate, but overall, GJ is a smooth running machine.
CB89: I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. 1st Jim has retired and bequeathed the site to other OK i may stand correctable. Who is claiming the money I send to via PayPal?

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:57 pm

I checked it out, send to lloyd or----lbesq@cableone.net----paid thru paypal,

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:26 pm

I thought "Jupes" was taking over the hosting of the site keeping the domain on GO Daddy, IS this not so? He is listed as the moderator.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:29 pm

kevin wrote:I checked it out, send to lloyd or----lbesq@cableone.net----paid thru paypal,

I do not know where you get this information, Kevin. I just got off the phone with Lloyd 4 minutes ago. his cableone address was cancelled nearly two years ago. I have a new email for Lloyd but I do not have his permission to post it here. Lloyd needs to get a new computer because the one he has has failed, permanently. Lloyd is not able to accept forum support until he gets a new computer.
Lloyd told me that had received support at his old email a long time ago and he had forwarded this on to a Jupes.
So, until the person or persons who might have something to do with this forum retake control, I am not going to toss money up and hope it lands in the right place.
PreviousNext

Return to Messages from the Admins