Donations Needed Please

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Donations Needed Please

Thank you EnglishPeter for your Donation! All donations are appreciated.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:46 pm

I donate on or near my birthday. This plea for support seems to pop up at random times and I find it confusing, ever so little.
While I don't mind giving some support to the forum, because there is some entertainment value in it for me, I have questions. I was under the impression that the forum was self supporting from advertising. You will have to wait until next December for my charity. At today's exchange rate, you will get only 75 US cents for every Canadian Loonie from me.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 pm

When anyone donates, and I am aware of them doing so, I try to acknowledge them on this thread. Jim has always wanted this forum to be Free to anyone who uses it. Jim used to do this all on his own. Things in life change, He has his own personal places that his retirement money Has to go to. I am not sure if any advertising money still comes in. I will check on that.
If anyone has noticed, I have put an appeal out for help on the Tech side of the forums. I can sort of keep up with what stuff I do, but I am no tech person.
Since December of 2012 We have done our best to keep the a "spam" free area. I do not know how much time Jim is able to put on the forum at this time, but on the average, I put in at least 4 hours a day. I like what I do.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

lbesq wrote:When anyone donates, and I am aware of them doing so, I try to acknowledge them on this thread. Jim has always wanted this forum to be Free to anyone who uses it. Jim used to do this all on his own. Things in life change, He has his own personal places that his retirement money Has to go to. I am not sure if any advertising money still comes in. I will check on that.
If anyone has noticed, I have put an appeal out for help on the Tech side of the forums. I can sort of keep up with what stuff I do, but I am no tech person.
Since December of 2012 We have done our best to keep the a "spam" free area. I do not know how much time Jim is able to put on the forum at this time, but on the average, I put in at least 4 hours a day. I like what I do.

Were you ever able to find out if we get any advertising dollars? Can we get a donate link on the page so those of us that don't visit the admin forum get a reminder?
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:38 pm

When I talked to Jim, he said he has a little bit in the donation fund, he is working on an upgrade for the forum. If anyone wants to make donations, they can do a PayPal to my email: lbesq@cableone.net I will then forward on to Jim. Even though it seems more complicated this way, it really is not. We do appreciate all those that donate to keep this forum on the Net. I will see if I can get a Donation button on the forums page soon, but may need to wait until Jim can get the upgrade all figured out.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:20 pm

lbesq wrote:When I talked to Jim, he said he has a little bit in the donation fund, he is working on an upgrade for the forum. If anyone wants to make donations, they can do a PayPal to my email: lbesq@cableone.net I will then forward on to Jim. Even though it seems more complicated this way, it really is not. We do appreciate all those that donate to keep this forum on the Net. I will see if I can get a Donation button on the forums page soon, but may need to wait until Jim can get the upgrade all figured out.

Lloyd

Thanks. Now that I'm back on this forum, I feel bad neglecting it for so long, I will certainly contribute.
Matt H.
My toys:
1951 International
1972 Buick Centurion
1957 Buick Special
1939 Buick Special
1978 Cadillac Superior Hearse

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Thank you for your donation! Thank you to everyone who does donate.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Thank you for your donation! Thank you to everyone who does donate.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 am

DONE

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Again, I would like to thank those who have made a donation to the Forum. The Hosting fees should now be paid. We appreciate all that is given for this forum, both in help/information to others on here and for the help in keeping it solvent enough to pay the fees related to keeping it going.
There is an incredible amount of work that goes on in the "background" and while a lot of that does not have a "monetary" cost, there is a time cost. All of us have our lives to deal with and both Jim and I appreciate the help in all the forms that it comes in. Jim is the "tech" and "code" guy and there will come a time that it will need to be done by others. I am only the admin and check registrations to keep the spammers off here, I am not really a "tech" guy, I fumble through and get it done. As long as I am able, I will continue to do my part.
AGAIN, Thanks to all who contribute, in whatever form that is.

Lloyd Bledsoe
PreviousNext

Return to Messages from the Admins