Making of Parts

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Making of Parts

Members who make items for Our Vehicles. HEED this POST:
Dear Lloyd,

Per our conversation, I don’t have a problem with a group of owners of our older vehicles making parts for their small group consumption under the following conditions:

1. The parts are not for International® Scout vehicles;

2. The newly manufactured replacement parts are not otherwise available from an International® Truck dealer;

3. The newly manufactured replacement parts do not include any of our current or historical trademarks (including but not limited to International® in all forms that we used it or otherwise, IH, and Triple Diamond);

4. This is not high volume reproduction, say for less than 50 vehicles; and

5. The newly manufactured replacement parts are for vehicle models that we have not sold or manufactured for over 20 years.

Jeff

Jeffrey Calfa
General Attorney
Product Development, Technology and Intellectual Property Group

Navistar, Inc.

2701 Navistar Drive, Suite 7-3-P21-1

Lisle IL 60532

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: Making of Parts

If clarification is needed please contact me. What a person does on their own, is not really a concern of Navistar. They are adamant about Someone NOTmaking parts for International Scouts. There are a couple of Places who have "rights" granted them for that area. Again, If you make a part for your own vehicle, there should be no problem.
I hope to maintain a good relationship with Mr. Calfa

Lloyd

Return to Messages from the Admins