From my email in box..

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:54 am

From my email in box..

:m03104:
Got this one this morning. If anyone can help him, please contact him via his email.
Name: Ross Bell
Email: rfbell@shaw.ca
1580 19th Ave Campbell River BC V9W4M1

I am looking for old style adjustable tie rod ends for my 1952 L120 pickup truck. These are the old rebuildable that adjust to the 1 inch ball with a slotted screw on the end that consists of the 2 ball halves and springs the body of my drivers side tie rod is shot so not able to accept the rebuild kit. The one required is the drivers side. If anyone out there has this part please contact me with price.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:09 am

From my email in box..

Got this one yesterday. If anyone can help him, please contact him via his email.
Name: Kenneth Nicely
Email: kenandpat@windstream.net

My name is Kenneth Nicely I have an old 1961 International pick up,that was my Dads. I'm disabled and I can't fix it up and would like to sell it to someone that will fix it up and make it run again. It is all original it ran when I got it but it needs a lot of fixing. I picked you and your club to see if you know anyone who would be interested in buying it.I live in Georgia My wife has a facebook site It is kenandpat@windstream.net you can message her if you or anyone you know would be interested in it. I need to sell it before it is to far gone thank you God bless and have a blessed day.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:28 am

Re: From my email in box..

Please contact her directly. Not in the forums.

Diane
email: db2144@telus.net

I have recently bought a property, the owner signed over all vehicles and so I have a 1955 R130 (R132) flat deck, dual wheels, all sorts of parts and 5 motors and housings, etc. I was hoping to get a good fair price and/or sell the whole lot preferrably – he drove this truck until last year, starts and runs great !!! new windshield ($600) and all kinds of miscellaneous parts – I want to sell this before the greedy thieves in the neighborhood grab all the good stuff, I believe there are some tires too ..

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:58 am

Jim;
I am familiar with the R-130 truck and person trying to sell it. They want a fortune. The fact is that the spare engines are rust anchors, of which a few things are useful. The truck has serious cancer issues from the photos, and if the title has not been transferred correctly, in B.C., it is close to impossible to have it renewed. If a more realistic price can be negotiated, and the truck was to be taken out of the province for restoration, possibly it would be worth doing. The truck is supposed to run.
I normally buy such trucks for $2-500. Now, the photos may be misleading, but the price I was quoted is not.
Mike
[b]I am Back![/b]

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:22 pm

Would this be "the truck" on the Funshine Coast?
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Magihc and Rookie just doesn't sound correct.

Welcome back Mike.
http://www.vihtr.com
Veteran International Harvester Truck Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/316122235181405/
International Harvester Trucks Pre 1940

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:00 am

Mike,
Personally, I like the smaller (1/2 ton) trucks more than the larger ones.
The last R-160 I bought was $300 and drivable. Never really did find a good use for it and ended up selling it.
Jim

Magihc wrote:I normally buy such trucks for $2-500. Now, the photos may be misleading, but the price I was quoted is not.
Mike

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:46 am

Enjoying the site. Got the email regarding pics of projects etc.

I will try to post some this coming week if I can figure out how. My son and I obtained a 1949 KB-1 and are preparing it for state safety inspection. Up to this point we have ; replaced the windshield, "E" brake band and cable,repaired fuel leakage at the carburetor, sent the horn out for a rebuild (I spent hours unable to repair it) and are now looking for parts to repair sections of the exhaust pipe.

Bobby K1

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 am

Bobby,
email me with the content and pics when you get your pics, etc. all together.
jim.hadfield@gmail.com

Bobby K1 wrote:Enjoying the site. Got the email regarding pics of projects etc.

I will try to post some this coming week if I can figure out how. My son and I obtained a 1949 KB-1 and are preparing it for state safety inspection. Up to this point we have ; replaced the windshield, "E" brake band and cable,repaired fuel leakage at the carburetor, sent the horn out for a rebuild (I spent hours unable to repair it) and are now looking for parts to repair sections of the exhaust pipe.

Bobby K1

Return to Messages from the Admins