Moving On...

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:54 am

Moving On...

This subject line should get a few of you concerned.

Spammers:
Neither Lloyd or myself are moving on, it is our forums that are moving on.
We are constantly under attack by spammers. You guys/gals do not see it as Lloyd has been taking care of them. I have added a new blocking system to the new user registration that will hopefully take care of this.

Software Update:
A new version of the software that runs our forums is available. However, installing it here has a strong tendency to break the entire forum software. This is not cool. We are also experiencing problems with the godaddy server that this site is kept on. Is there a fix for all of this? Yes. After the first of the year, and when things get settled down, we will be moving our forums to the server that I rent. Is this all going to be painless? For you, yes it will be painless, for Lloyd and I, only if I screw up. The new and updated forums are already in place and functioning. The switch will be done at night, when no one is on the forums. I will install automatic re-directs that will take you to the right server.

I hope that all of this make sense. It's 04:00 CST and I have been up for a couple of hours trying to get a handle on the spammer issue for Lloyd.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 am

Re: Moving On...

I have been visiting this site for many years before I ever signed up. I have enjoyed the results of what you guys do behind the scenes tremendously and want to thank you for your dedication to this site and it's clean operations. There are some who know how difficult it is to manage a web site and the rest of us have no idea. For you who manage this site we owe you a huge round of applause and the biggest T H A N K Y O U we can find.

THANK YOU!!!!
L110 owner since 1974, finally rebuilt 2014.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:36 am

I know that Jim appreciates a Thank You once in awhile, I do also. Some of you are new to the Board and some are Old Timers(that is a good thing!)to the board. Even in the short time I have been on(I think I came on about 4 years ago) I have developed some friendships that I cherish very much. I am sure that is the same for Jim. We both appreciate the stick to it attitude of all of you who have been on the very bumpy ride this forum has been on for the last several years. As a relative new comer, I know what has been lost even since I have been here. Just know that it is a LOT of hard work that JIM does behind the Curtains(he is the Great and Powerful Wizard!) It does help that we are both retired and have some time on our hands. We also appreciate the things that some of our Members do to help others that have questions. That is also a reason we are THE BEST IHC board on the net(In my opinion at least)
We are both dedicated to keeping this board up and running and a Fun Place to be.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 am

lbesq wrote:We are both dedicated to keeping this board up and running and a Fun Place to be.

Does that mean that is is party time?? :t0201:

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:00 pm

hey let us know if additional monetary support is needed to make the change over. if we all pitch in a few $$ it can offset any costs you are exposed to. Let us know.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:02 am

The only cost is our time. Thanks for the offer....
By time this is done, I will have about 30 hours in it.

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:32 pm

This site is the best thank you Boss men.
Wisconsinjimmy

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:31 pm

Yes thanks for all you guys do to keep this site up and running. I know it can be a lot of time and hard work. you guys rock!
SOUTHWEST SCOUTS OF OKLAHOMA
James J.

1968 1100C Stepside pickup
345 V8
4 Speed manual

Return to Messages from the Admins