Moderator Assistant

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Moderator Assistant

Wanted: Assistant Moderator for the Old IHC forums

Must be able to be on almost every day, must be level headed, have good common sense and be fair.

Must be willing to contact members outside the forum.

Must be willing to help in other areas of the Forum as needed.

The Desire to help keep a "Good Nature" on the Forum is a must. NO real experience is required, but helpful.

This is an UNPAID position, Guaranteed that if you are the Right person, you Will make Lifelong friends!

A full job description is available from Lloyd (lbesq@cableone.net) or Jim (jim.hadfield@gmail.com)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Re: Moderator Assistant

well, a bunch of the criteria would eliminate me. especially the life long friends. i don't need no stinking friends! just kidding. i hope you get the help you need. my committments would prevent me, as i have to go long stretches wihtout getting my IHC fix. this is a great site, i for one really appreciate what you guys do.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Thank you for your kind words. We are trying to build the Site back up and also make it safe, That is why different sections now reside on different servers.
The Position pretty much needs someone "retired" That has the Time to be on, Just do not want it to be "life" consuming.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Would be my dream job if I didn't have to go back to work full time in x weeks.
I've had a great time here. Learned a lot. Hope to meet some of you folks in person next left coast IHC event.
Probably kept me from completely losing it...
1933 IHC Bus. Cpe
1933 IHC B-3 f
1935 C-1 IHC pickup
2 x 1936 IHC C-30 Fbs
3 x 1938 IHC D-2 Pickups
1938 IHC D-30 fb
1941 IHC K-1
2 x 1947 IHC KB-1 Pickups
2x 1953 IHC R pickups

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am

Moderator Assistant Still Needed

For the most part, Lloyd has new user registrations under control, but there is NO backup for him. No one to help out if he wants to take a weekend off, spend a day with his family or take some time to go fishing. Please guys, If you want the OldIHC web presence to continue as well as it has been, we need your help.

Still Wanted and needed: Assistant Moderator for the Old IHC forums
Must be able to be on-line almost every day and be willing to help in other areas of the Forum as needed.
NO real experience is required, but helpful.
This is an UNPAID position, Guaranteed that if you are the Right person, you Will make Lifelong friends!
A full job description is available from Lloyd (lbesq@cableone.net) or Jim (jim.hadfield@gmail.com)

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:01 pm

Old thread here but...

I've been away from the forums for awhile but I have a recent change in job duties that gives me, within reason, several hours a day with internet access and free reign of my time (Central Time Zone - US). Some of that time I'm giving to my church for web/social media development. I'd also like to use some portion to help out OldIHC with this role and or the Event Calendar.

Please let me know if the job description and role are still available.
"Nothing's impossible, some things just take a little longer." ~Dad

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am

OnTheFarm, There are always things that we can use help on. Not only in the checking new registrations, but also in helping to "clean out" some old posts in areas like the "diamonds" and checking with folks to see if they still have things for sale in the "swap" area.
We all have other things to do with our time and do not spend all day on the forums, For the most part, right now there are three of us who check new registrations, one in California, one in Idaho and one in Australia. If you are a "programmer" type, perhaps also Jim could use some additional help in that area(Way out of my area of comfort).
There are a lot of use fellows who are a bit older, and we are always looking for younger ones who are interested in helping on the forum.

Lloyd

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

And don't forget our "new" classifieds section.
http://classifieds.oldihc.info/

Return to Messages from the Admins