LINE SETTING TICKETS

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm

LINE SETTING TICKETS

Hello Lloyd,

Yes we do still provide line setting tickets. We have line setting tickets from the mid-1950s to the mid-1980s and use the VIN to locate the tickets . To purchase a copy of a line setting ticket, we charge a $20.00 duplication fee which can be paid by check or money order payable to “Wisconsin Historical Society” and sent to:

Lee Grady
McCormick-International Harvester Collection Archivist
Library-Archives Division
Wisconsin Historical Society
816 State Street
Madison, WI 53706

We can also accept VISA or Mastercard over the phone at 608-264-6410 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.

We can send electronic copies (PDF) of line setting tickets through email, or print copies and send them through the post office. We almost always process orders within 5 business days, but in the event we cannot we attempt to notify patrons of the cause of the delay and when they can expect their ticket.

There are some dealers that purchase tickets through us, but I agree it’s simpler to send members directly to us and cut out the middle man. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Laura Farley
Reference Archivist
McCormick-International Harvester Collection
816 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706

Phone: (608) 264-6410
Fax: (608) 264-6486
Email: askmccormick@wisconsinhistory.org
Web: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/library ... search.asp

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue May 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: LINE SETTING TICKETS

I Did ask about earlier than Mid 50's, And I know that some have had luck, but not much hope is held out that they will find earlier ones. Maybe there are some "old" dealerships that still have records, probably on Microfiche. If anyone does run across one of these places, let us know and Let The Wisconsin Historical Society know.. Our best bet for the Earlier vehicles, IF they still have an original Glove box, it might be stuck to the top of it. I have heard some say that they have found it Glued to a interior sun visor.

Hello Lloyd,
It is extremely unlikely that earlier line setting tickets will turn up. It’s not clear whether line setting tickets were never produced for vehicles before VIN, or if they were lost over the years.
Thanks!
Regards,
Laura Farley
Reference Archivist
McCormick-International Harvester Collection
816 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Phone: (608) 264-6410
Fax: (608) 264-6486
Email: askmccormick@wisconsinhistory.org
Web: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/library ... search.asp

Collecting, Preserving and Sharing Stories Since 1846

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:20 am

I just got off the phone with these folks, very friendly and easy to work with. Happy to help me get my LST. Laura is no longer in that department, the Sally I spoke with is a student employee, but said anyone who answers that phone number should still be willing to help acquire tickets in the future. Thanks for providing the contact info. K

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Glad they were able to help. Not unusual for employees to change. It the price still $20 or did it go up?

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 pm

I think it still is $20, she was unwilling to run my card until she was sure she could provide the copy of the LST. It was more convenient to provide the numbers with the first phone call than to call back next week. She was very careful to tell me she was locking my numbers in her desk. I just told her my Mother-In-Law lives about an hour from their museum, and I would sick her on them if my card was robbed. She would certainly rue that day, I must tell you...

Return to Messages from the Admins