Site Down

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu May 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Site Down

I will be up at that time tonight, I will be on the site to see if I experience anything. If I experience anything, then I can also report what it is to Jim.

Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri May 03, 2013 12:03 pm

so I have visited the site everyday this week. I usually can only find time during lunch hour at work. so the last four days i have been confronted with server busy when trying to post a reply, always at about the same time. yesterday however was much earlier. it is getting frustrating. Will this message post?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat May 04, 2013 6:51 am

kjhogue wrote:so I have visited the site everyday this week. I usually can only find time during lunch hour at work. so the last four days i have been confronted with server busy when trying to post a reply, always at about the same time. yesterday however was much earlier. it is getting frustrating. Will this message post?

I do not doubt that the issues you speak of are happening, however, I have not been able to duplicate it.(I am on Cableone internet) Jim does say that he experiences it occasionally when he is using his Phone as the connection point.
I was wondering if it might be a server you are connected to? If this is happening at work during Lunch time, perhaps your local or internal server is being overloaded by lots of others on at the same time? I know that these things can get very frustrating. Currently, those are the only things we can come up with at this time.
If anyone else is having, or had the same difficulty, perhaps they can speak up and tell us how it was resolved, if it was.
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue May 07, 2013 12:02 pm

not the server at work. we have so much band width it stinks. we are also servered by a fiber cable as big around as your leg. just got on since last week, so i will wait paitently to see what happens.....

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Keep me up to date. very puzzling, as I can not reproduce the issue for myself. So far no one else has spoken up, but it has not been much time. Perhaps as i stated, someone else is also experiencing this.
Lloyd

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 08, 2013 12:12 pm

happened again yesterday. it makes it very difficult to leave all the tacky comments i would like.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed May 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Do you have another e-mail/IP you could register from and we can see if that helps the issue? So far no one else has spoken up about this kind of issue. Again, I do not Doubt that you are having the issue, I am at a loss to know why.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed May 08, 2013 4:50 pm

May be the "republic of Texas" is blocking access like the China gov does! We must be a "revolutionary site"!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu May 09, 2013 12:46 pm

you are probably correct about that. there are lots of folks upset with gov rickie!

it did it again yesterday.... am on a bit later today, at about the time i get the texas curse, but seems to be okay.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Is the system doing some sort of "maintenance" at that time?
PreviousNext

Return to Messages from the Admins