Buying and Selling trucks on-line (scams)

New stuff, changes, etc. in the forums and elsewhere that we want to let you know about.

Moderator: Jupes

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:24 am

Buying and Selling trucks on-line (scams)

I have been getting a lot of email from people who have old IH trucks and are wanting to sell them. I refer these people to our classifieds and tell them to post there.

Guys and Gals, please please please, before buying anything like this, make sure that the seller has a VALID title, etc. If at all possible, make the sale transaction in person so that you can put your hands on the title. Read the title, and verify that all information on it, is what you can see on the truck.

I know that we are all too well aware of these scams and already know the drill, but I am getting concerned with the number of requests coming through and I just don't want to see any of you getting burned.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Buying and Selling trucks on-line (scams)

good advice Jim. thanks.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:41 pm

I recently encountered a person claiming they were selling a KB bumper on the internet. I asked for photos and he sent me photos of an old KB he took right from a Google image search. They're out there.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Boobtube wrote:I recently encountered a person claiming they were selling a KB bumper on the internet. I asked for photos and he sent me photos of an old KB he took right from a Google image search. They're out there.

Obviously that person forgot how to use a camera. yeh, right.. :whistling2:

Return to Messages from the Admins