1965 C120 4x4

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:23 am

1965 C120 4x4

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have a 1965 C120 4X4. I worked as a fireman for 15 years for a small county in Georgia. One of our trucks was an old civil defense truck the county purchased new in the 60s. It never left the county. We used it during ice storms to haul nurses to work at the hospital and nursing homes. It would go anywhere. The county sold it about 15 years ago and I purchased it at auction. I have just now started to work on it. I am trying to find out more information about the model. I bought it as a 1965 model, but do not have title. The serial number is SB270092B. I am hoping someone on this forum can help me with determining the correct model year and any other pertinent info on the vehicle. It was originally blue and white (Civil Defense colors) but the fire department painted it red in the 80s. Looking forward to restoring it to its original glory. Thanks, Oldfireman

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Re: 1965 C120 4x4

Here is one page that might help in your quest: http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm ... 160/rec/16
this one might also help: http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/cdm ... 126/rec/15
You can contact the Wisconsin Historical Society with your Chassis number and they should be able to come up with the "build sheet" for your rig. With the information you can gather from this source, it should not be to hard to determine year of manufacture and to even get a title issued by your state. Pictures are always appreciated by us members. Welcome to the Group. Continue to ask Questions but please move them over to the A,B,C,D page, thank you.

Lloyd

Return to Introduce Yourself