1956 S-100

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 am

1956 S-100

Hi, I'm just starting work on a 1956 S-100 swb pick up. It was gifted to me 12 years ago from a good friend who acquired the truck when he acquired a family member's farm in Alberta. He actually drove the truck in the past. The truck was relegated to water tank duty and had the box removed and a flat deck installed. Interesting tell tale signs say it was given little care as it's use on the farm reduced. For instance, black, black motor oil with the oil filter sump full of grime to the underside of the sock filter, an exhaust system about 16" long from the manifold and no evidence of rear brake lines!!! Oh yea, 5 bullet holes. I'd say the old gal has character.
This model was a two year run and is the last of the positive ground electical systems,as I understand it. It has a Black Diamond 220 engine. It is my intent to keep the unit in stock form see it road worthy once again. Time will tell.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Re: 1956 S-100

Sounds like a peach, keep an eye on the Diamonds listings, sometimes others come up that could supply parts that might be hard to find. Look forward to pictures. Keep in mind they need to be around 500kib.

Return to Introduce Yourself