41 pickup for wasteland

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 pm

41 pickup for wasteland

Hi all,

I’m an artist in Portland OR creating a mad max style vehicle for an upcoming festival. I found my perfect donor car in rough shape, which is more ideal considering the look I’m going for. I’m using all of the of the visible items for a body swap.

My main reason for joining the forum is to ask if the flat head motor and tranny as well as anything else on the chassis like the steering components are going to be interesting to anyone on here or if considering their rough condition, they are more ideal for my future sculptures and/or scrap. I’m a fan of beautiful old things and don’t like to see cool stuff slide into oblivion if it can be helped.

I’m new to forums in general, so I’d like advice on where to even ask that question.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Re: 41 pickup for wasteland

Couple of questions: does the motor turn over, If frozen up, some parts from it might be of use to folks, If it is complete and turns over, could almost guarantee that it would run, question would be, how good. If you have pictures of things you wish to get rid of or might like to get rid of, you can post them in the Swap area.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 am

Re: 41 pickup for wasteland

Thanks for the reply. It was purchased from a field in Oregon after sitting for decades. External items seem seized from rust. Looks awesome though, so I may use for art. Just don’t like scrapping something that could’ve used. I appreciate letting me know about the swap section.

Return to Introduce Yourself