New guy from Alberta - '53 R110

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:22 pm

New guy from Alberta - '53 R110

Hello!

New guy here from Alberta. Name's Austin "AJ" (hence the username). I picked up myself a '53 R110 last fall. Overall it's in excellent shape, runs, drives, insured and registered. It has a laundry list of work and new parts that were put in back in 2002. Haven't done much other than address some tune up items to get it running better. From what I can tell the odometer is true based on the condition of the truck, reading only 7900 miles. It was originally a Sask truck, PO brought it over in 1998. For now I'd like to replace the ignition stuff, chop off the hideous rear bumper and get a new set of wheels/tires for it. Thinking something like Jackman style wheels.

I've also got a couple trucks my grandfather had, a R120 that's pretty much rotted right out but has some usable parts and some sheet metal, I had it running 8 years ago. And an R160 with a blown motor (sleeve let go and carnage happened). The R160 I'd like to get running as well some day. Swap a 264 into the R110 and put the 220 into the R160, kinda backwards logic.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Re: New guy from Alberta - '53 R110

Welcome to the forum. What city/town do you live in or near?
There is an active IHC interest group in Alberta http://www.ihc38.com/ There are links on this site to IHC forums and recourses.
Southern IHC trucks in Lethbridge may be the best dealer for restoration parts for vintage IHC.
I left Alberta for The West Coast 47 years ago. I still miss the open prairies.
Attachments
IN GOOD COMPANY (2).jpg
R120 in 1991 (2).jpg
My Dad's Alberta Farm truck
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: New guy from Alberta - '53 R110

I live in Fort Sask. Thanks for the link!

I've been looking at Southern IH already for parts actually, just waiting to decide when to buy from them. I've got another project that's quite hard on the wallet though, a 2004 Colorado I run at auto-x.

Return to Introduce Yourself