New Member from Germany

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:11 am

New Member from Germany

8.JPG

Hello everybody.
My name is Tobias I'm 43 years old and I'm from Germany, Aalen near Stuttgart.
In 2000 I bought a KB1 Bj, 48 with a Chevy 5,7l engine and restored it. When disassembling the vehicle, unfortunately, I did not measure everything. As much as I only when building together on my frame, in the front part is bent by about 10 cm from bottom to top. This was compensated simply by shifting the dampers from the previous owner.
Likewise, I have the frame after sandblasting galvanized. As a result, I do not usually get the pick-up in Germany too relaxed. I am now looking to fix this mistake somehow again and hope to find some tips here.
Here are my questions:
Is there a vehicle from which the chassis fits under the KB 1 without much modification.
It makes sense to send a KB1 frame or a complete pick up to Germany. If so, does anyone have experience with it?

Sorry for the bad Google English
Attachments
P9130007.jpg

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 am

Re: New Member from Germany

Welcome to the site! That's a nice looking truck you have.

People on this site have used Dodge Dakota, Chevy S10, Toyota, and Chevy Suburban chassis. I don't know if any of those are available in Germany. You might want to spend some time with a tape measure to see what's common in your area that is a close fit. One of the advantages of swapping to a newer chassis is to be able to have replacement brake, axle and suspension parts that are readily available. If you swap to something that's no more common than old International parts, you haven't gained that advantage.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:40 am

Glad we got you on Tobias, Sorry for the time it took.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 am

Hallo Tobias,
schön noch jemanden aus Deutschland hier zu haben. Falls du irgendwie Hilfe benötigst, kannst du mich auch gerne direkt kontaktieren. Habe selber einen 46er K1, allerdings original. Habe mich aber auch zwecks diversen Umbaumöglichkeiten informiert und kann dir da evtl. ein paar hilfreiche tips geben.

Return to Introduce Yourself