Chevy guy on a IHC forum

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Chevy guy on a IHC forum

Hello all! Yeah I know, what's a Chevy guy doing on a IHC forum huh? I'm usually on Stovebolt.com (Chevy/GMC site). I have nothing against Internationals, I know that they are tough as nails. I have another reason for joining your site. ( I didn't see any rules about posting future sales of trucks, so IF I'm breaking the rules let me know). A friend of mine has been put in the rest home and has to sell an International truck that has been in the family since it was new. His family farmed here in western Kansas and used the truck in their irrigation operation. The truck is a 1954 R140 (4wd) with a flatbed. He has it stored in the quonset at his house. Right now it's back in a dark corner with stuff piled around it and I can't get any GOOD pictures of it. When I can get some pictures I will make them available. And when he comes up with a price I will make that known too. All I know about the truck is the hood is laying on the flatbed because the water pump was out of the truck. Just thought I'd let it be known that it will be for sale down the road. And even a Chevy guy thinks it's a cool truck!
Enough about the truck. I live in Tribune, Ks (almost Colorado) 62yrs old. I'm a locomotive engineer for Union Pacific RR (41yrs last September). Yeah I'm the guy that blocks the crossing when you're in a hurry! Looking forward to retirement, but won't tell the lower seniority guys when. Married to a wonderful gal and have 3 kids. Did I say I like Chevy trucks? Oh yeah. Later JR Patton

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 am

Re: Chevy guy on a IHC forum

Welcome, and I think it is great that you are a "rail"! I am a trucker, and if I had done things different when I was young, a Rail would have intrigued me.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 am

Welcome to the site! It would be great to see some pics when you get it pulled out or can get some light in the area.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 pm

I hope you enjoy your time here.
:t1809: Hey Dean, I don't think you are talking to Carlos Danger, aka Anthony Weiner, here. You posted, "It would be great to see some pics when you get it pulled out or can get some light in the area."
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:05 pm

I'd be more than happy to post pictures (if I can figure it out) when I get the truck out of the quonset. It will be a while though. Thanks JP

Return to Introduce Yourself