Greetings All!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Greetings All!

Hello Everyone!

I have been exploring through the forums here for the past few weeks in preparation for getting my first ever project truck, which my dad and I were finally able to free from its woodsy home over the weekend. I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how, but I wound up with two L-110s. I know one is a 52, but I believe that the other may be a 51, I just need to check the numbers again. This will be my first project of any kind and will likely take awhile to complete as time and funds allow. My main goal is just learning how to do things myself and creating something that my wife and I can enjoy and take to a few local cruise-ins. Maybe one day haul it up and drive the strip at Shades of the Past with my dad's 1950 Chevy 5-window.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thank everyone for creating what seems to be a really great community that I am happy and excited to join!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: Greetings All!

I figured out how to resize and attach photos, so here are a couple of pictures of where the pair have been sitting for who knows how long.

IMG_0817.JPG
Truck 1 (as found)

IMG_0818.JPG
Truck 1 (as found 2)

IMG_0839.JPG
Truck 2 (as found)

IMG_0843.JPG
Truck 2 (as found 2)

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 pm

And here are just a few more pictures of them all pulled out of the weeds and at their new home.

For only $400 for the pair, I think I came out pretty well.

IMG_0873.JPG
Truck 1 (home)

IMG_0874.JPG
Truck 1 (home 2)

IMG_0875.JPG
Truck 1 (home 3)

IMG_0876.JPG
Truck 1 (home 4)

IMG_0856.JPG
Truck 2 (home)

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:04 am

Very Nice. I would say you got a pretty good deal. Even if you did not want to fix them you have way more than that in parts!

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:09 am

I agree $400 is a good price. They look nearly rust free, although the bed floor isn't visible yet.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:20 pm

The black and yellow one is really rough. Cab is rusted on the corners, along the body seam and on the back windows. The bottoms of the fenders and doors and running boards too. Plus it has been hit on the left front and down the side.

The all black one is much better. The only rust I’ve found is the cab corners and some in the floorboard. There is likely some in the bed too since it has a lot of leaves piled up in it. Hopefully I’ll get it all cleaned off this weekend and have a better idea of what shape the bed is in.

Return to Introduce Yourself