Howdy from a new KS5 owner

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Howdy from a new KS5 owner

Howdy from Minnesota! My name is Dave.
I have already done a little homework on the site and checked the K and LB board and the WI Historical Society serial number list. As near as I can tell I am the proud new owner of a 1941 KS5 with the Green Diamond 233. Cab and chassis only, it was a water tanker but the water tank was removed by the PO for another truck restoration project.

I have been waning a vintage truck for some years. Not a pick-up, but a truck. Not sure where this is heading yet. Working on getting the plugs out and some "hooch" into the cylinders. She seems to be stuck but condition of the oil says it might just be from sitting.

No VIN plate, no tag. I have no idea when she last ran but the severely dry rotted tires tell me decades. The good news is while it is rough, it is largely unmolested.

My next post will be in the K and KB forum to figure out the VIN tag info. I have the frame number and the engine number, but I want the VIN info as close as possible to facilitate getting it titled. I want a title before I expend any elbow grease and cash on it.

Dave

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: Howdy from a new KS5 owner

You can get a repop data plate on Ebay I believe. Have not looked for one in a long time. When you post in the K-KB section, see if someone can post a picture of their Data plate for a K-5 Then you can verify correct one to "replace" the missing one. You did find your chassis number on the drivers side frame rail correct? Welcome to the group,have fun.

Return to Introduce Yourself