Howdy!

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Howdy!

Well it all started when I was 15, I need a vehicle but I didn't want some garbage car. So I hunted craigslist for awhile and found a 55 r110. So we went and looked at it and it was in amazing shape. I decided it was the one. The next weekend me and dad went get it, hopped in the the truck and made are decent home. Drove the thing home a hour and a half with a great working heater and radio. We made it home no problems. I ended up drive the thing for a year while I fixed things like the wiring, oil leaks, and other misc. things. It also got a name so I decided Months as a good one because it originally came from Montana. Once I started driving it more often 45 mph wasn't enough, so it was time to ford 8.8 axle swap. So last winter I spent two days getting stuff swapped, but there was one problem, I couldn't find find the right stuff to attach the driveshaft. This is when the build escalated rather quick. The day we bought the I had dreams to put a Cummins in it, so we used the driveshaft as a way to start the swap. The next weekend we went a got the little 4bt and so it began. By this time it was March. So I think I swapped in a record time. I only took two weeks to pull everything off the frame, sand and paint the frame, bolt the 4bt and t-19 in and put everything back together. I got it done just in time for planting so it spent a few weeks as the seed tender and service truck. And in that time I feel in love with the truck, except the 4 speed was driving me nuts. So last month I put a zf5 in and that zf5 is nice. Next on the list is a paint, hx30w turbo, and a Dana 44 front axle. I will make a build thread and post pictures there.
55' R-110 w/Intercooled Cummins 4bt, Hoset HX30W, Ford ZF5, Borg Warner 1356 T-Case, Ford 8.8 w/3.73/9800 miles and counting/4x4 swap 50% done

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Howdy!

Welcome.
You are doing exactly what my son and I are doing on his 1952 L110. Good plan and good choices.
What rear axle ratio is the Ford 8.8 rear axle?
I bought a pair of 1997 Ram 1500 Dana 44 axles at Reid Automotive, the Dodge recycler. I am thinking the ratio is 3:54.
I had the fuel injection pump, on my Cummins 4bta, rebuilt at NW Fuel-injection. Part of the rebuild was to raise the governed rpm to 3200 from the Original 2300.
Cummins is my first choice for our truck projects. The Cummins "B" series fit. I am familiar with Cummins. My employer used Cummins, exclusively, on all new vehicles, in the last 20 years.
I have new 24 valve for another Old IHC project. At 1150 pounds, the 24 valve, requires a different frame and Dana 60 axles. BTW, a 24 valve will just fit an L of R pickup without cutting any sheetmetal.
Both Binders will be on air-springs.
Please post pictures.
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: Howdy!

It's 3.73. And I'm going to make a build thread tomorrow, I've a few pictures and I have a couple videos on my YouTube channel ...https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCmJJ3IKeH9qB72G34laU6KQ In those to videos it still had the t19.
55' R-110 w/Intercooled Cummins 4bt, Hoset HX30W, Ford ZF5, Borg Warner 1356 T-Case, Ford 8.8 w/3.73/9800 miles and counting/4x4 swap 50% done

Return to Introduce Yourself