Newbie IHC truck and tractor

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 am

Newbie IHC truck and tractor

Hi, my name is Brian and I am new to the forum. I am hoping to get a lot of help here. I have restored a number of Farmall/IH tractors, most recently a 1948 MD. I just acquired a 1948 KB-7. It is rough overall, but the cab is remarkably intact. I plan to put the cab on a running 1969 Chevy dump chassis and have a working old truck. I need drivers door glass, a door handle and the side panels that attach to the hood for the KB-7. Any suggestions for parts contacts would be appreciated.
Attachments
MD on lawn.jpg

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Newbie IHC truck and tractor

Welcome sir, post up in the K-KB section, those guys will know more about parts availability

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 pm

The -7 is equal to or more stout than a C-60 Chevy. I've had mine tipping the scale at over 18,000 lbs and drove it over 400 miles that way. The later -7's can have a GVW up to 21,000 lbs. Might want to consider putting the Chevy tipper on the IHC Cab and chassie!

Yard Art
Yard Art

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:58 am

I hear what you are saying, the old girl is stout! The Chevy is only a C 40, so it is lighter. But I'm just looking for a fun old driver that actually dumps. Maybe haul some bags of feed, a ton of mulch or stone, and of course go to the ice cream shop with the dog. And maybe the wife....

Return to Introduce Yourself