New Member from Alabama

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:14 am

New Member from Alabama

Been collecting International tractors for years. Never knew this site existed until now. I recently found a 1953 R110 and I will be needing some help along the way I'm sure. I thank you all in advance for your help and advice. One question I have is if I were to buy newer style chrome wheels for my stock setup what bore do I look for in a wheel I understand the bolt pattern is a 5x4.5 but I also understand different sizes on hubs. Any help is greatly appreciated. I need to get some wheels on it so I can move forward with getting it on the road soon.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:45 am

Re: New Member from Alabama

Your main concern should probably be back spacing. The back set or amount the wheel comes toward the frame should be somewhere in the 2 1/2" to 3" . As long as you have good clearance on the backs, the fronts need to not rub when turning or on steering components. One thing to think about for just rollers, is those "micky mouse" spares with the bolt pattern you need. They will work.

Just my thoughts

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

3" back spacing really limits the options haha. Is it just the drivers side you have to worry about? It looks like there is plenty of room everywhere else.

Freshly Restored
Freshly Restored

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm

I changed to 15" rims on my 53 r110 and had to put spacers on the front hubs to avoid the tires rubbing the steering tie rod ends

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 am

unless you just running wheels you already have, my suggestion would be order wheels that have the proper size, back spacing, and offset to fit properly without rubbing anything. with all the aftermarket availability, you can get pretty much anything to suit your application. I am not a big fan of spacers.

Rookie
Rookie

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:21 pm

I'm not planning on running a stock wheel. I'm thinking about something like a torque thrust II. If I have to use a spacer I will. I'm not planning on tearing the truck apart and do full out rat rod I want to keep it original but have modern wheels and drop it down a little bit. I think the bigger chrome wheel is what I am looking for. If I find a wheel with a 5 inch back spacing I would have to use a spacer to get to that 3 inch ballpark.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

American Racing offers several different offsets and backspacing for Torque Thrust 2 wheels.

http://www.americanracingwheelsinfo.com ... ust_II.htm

Return to Introduce Yourself