New guy here needs help

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:34 pm

New guy here needs help

new member here, thought I would say hi.
I own a '55 R130 and I also own a '54 r110. Unfortunately with a growing family I really need to sell the two trucks. I'm not sure if anyone here can help or at least point me in the right direction. the '55 is about half way through a frame off restoration the motor was redone and painted the frame was cleaned up and partially painted. the cab front clip were taken off and sandblasted and painted with primer. I would hate to see it parted out but there is just no way I can finish it. the '54 is complete with step side bed but is rough and doesn't run I bout it for parts for my '55 but haven't touched it. I have Pennsylvania titles for both. Let me know if anyone has suggestions.

thanks for the help.

-Chris

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Re: New guy here needs help

I think we've all been there.
My suggestion is to store your projects until the kids are a bit older. I can't tell you how many hundreds of people have told me (unsolicited) that they "shoulda kept the..." (Fill in the old car or truck).
My personal story includes a nice black flat-floor XKE convertible "drop head coupe" I sold that would be worth over $100k, now.
Don't take a loss, just hold on to your stuff. Tell the wife you're holding on to them "for the kids".
Wives think a man's dearest possesions should get sold at the first sign of financial trouble. If you invoke "the kids" then she might retreat.
Best of luck. Keep in mind that those same vehicles might appreciate in value to the point no one can afford them in the future. Hard to know.
Save them!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Thanks for suggestion. that's kind of the direction I think I am headed I have to much time and money to part it out. I can understand that no one wants to put together jigsaw puzzle like that together. its out of the weather and its not going anywhere soon. The good thing is my wife isn't pushing me to get rid of it. thanks again for the advice.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:35 am

I think that many of us can relate to the money issue. Have a plan, have a list, and keep an eye out for "deals" on the things you need for the vehicle. Always take care of the family first! We guys like our trucks, they are hard to part with.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:04 pm

If the wife isn't pushing then you've got it made.
A project in pieces is usually worth pennies on the dollar, unfortunately.
You are welcome.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Putt'em on blocks. Cover 'Em with good tarps. You'll be kicking yourself in 10 years if you don't. My 2 honest Abe's.

Rusty Driver
Rusty Driver

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:55 am

If you have the space putting them in storage is a great idea. It seems like only yesterday I was coaching the kids in the baseball little league. They are 27 and 30 years old now. 10 years is really going to fly by. Just keep working and paying the bills, one day the kids will be grown and everything will be payed off and you will have the time and money to finish your project.

Good Luck!

Return to Introduce Yourself