Hello from The Pas, Manitoba

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello from The Pas, Manitoba

Hello
I registered a long time ago, and have been mostly lurking, I think I never did introduce myself, which is a bit rude.

I live in The Pas, Manitoba, and have now been here since 2007, so I guess that makes me a Manitoban, although I don't know a lot about curling so the province won't issue me a passport. I came here after grad school as I had two job offers in hand: UCN in The Pas, and El Paso Community College in Texas. I chose The Pas because I wanted to get back to Canada, and I thought it would be easier to visit home, which was outside Victoria on Vancouver Island. I did get back to Canada, but I am sure flying to Victoria is quicker, cheaper and easier from Texas. And the first winter I was here walking to the school in a wind chill temperature of -55 to teach political economy in the little community Pukatawagan, I often questioned the choice.

I really enjoy working on and using older vehicles. I have always liked Internationals as a friend had a late 60s 2wd Travelal when I was in high school and I thought it was the coolest thing. I told my partner I wanted either an International or a Willys from the 50s or 60s. She found my 51 L130 that I bought in Flin Flon.

I will Post a picture or two when I figure out how (even though my pictures are terrible because its a small dark space and my phone is old)

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: Hello from The Pas, Manitoba

Welcome. I live on The Lower Mainland in BC. (Vancouver) We could have a contest between the two of us for the most unusual Canadian names for places. Can you beat Seven Persons or Many Berries? How about Sicamouse, BC? How about Spuzzum, BC? "They" used to say, "If you live in Spuzzum, you were beyond Hope. "
I would rather have tools I do not need than to need tools I do not have
Thinking risks being controversial and possibly being offensive

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Re: Hello from The Pas, Manitoba

Welcome to the site and thanks for the background story. Looking forward to pics of the Travelall.

Dean
Lifelong Kansan
Grew up with red paint
Moved off the farm 33 years ago.

Return to Introduce Yourself