hello again from Seattle

Stop in, say hi, and let us know a little bit about yourself and your project!

Rookie
Rookie

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 pm

hello again from Seattle

I have a '59 (or so) B110. We use it for various house remodeling and garden projects (and occasional craigslist item retrieval) and sometimes loan it to our braver friends (win-win: the truck doesn't sit for months). It has a 266 and a 4-speed and came with low miles, decent tires, and a lot of dings and scratches. It was originally white but got painted teal at some point, we like it better that way. I replaced the valve cover gaskets and I'm working on installing seat belts, otherwise it runs and drives really well. All I've done beside that is change the oil and fix the horn button.

The passenger-side window cracked a few months ago and that door doesn't open from the inside anyway so I need to deal with that after I finally get the seat belts installed.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Re: hello again from Seattle

Welcome back ay.

Had you ever made it to Teepee Auto Wrecking? I remember you were looking for some parts.

Always nice to see more 'locals' on here
Gary
"How the heck did that happen?"

Rookie
Rookie

Post Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Thanks! No, I haven't made it out there yet, life keeps getting in the way :(

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:31 am

LMK if you go, I might could meet you out there. Been meaning to get out and pick up a few odds & ends.
"How the heck did that happen?"

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 am

another nice B! I used to say they were so rare, and I know the production numbers were way low, but there they come out of the woodwork! My parts 59 is teal, well, sort of, more greenish. not too far away from Seattle in Creston B.C. I think we met before on the old forum, so Welcome back. Can't remember your old handle or name. Manny

Rookie
Rookie

Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Thanks! I love the B truck styling, it's definitely one of my favorite designs. I'm going to try to make it out to that junkyard some time, I haven't even been that far East in WA yet, so I may as well give it a shot.

Golden Jubilee
Golden Jubilee

Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 am

our family drove through the Washington desert as the locals call it. way different country all littered with volcanic rock. The Columbia river runs through it and then through the tri-cities, where Gary (oHIoboy) lives. I'd like to do the trip again. Manny

Return to Introduce Yourself